Bodhisattva420

Pulling low . . .

Pulled low for the first time this past weekend. I think it was sort of like forgetting to pull out. O it feels soooo goooooood ooooooooo SPLAT!

Great. Thanks for the joke, how about backing it up with something constructive, as opposed to just leaving it as-is, which sort gives the impression that it's 'cool'.

How did you come to be in this circumstance? What was the plan for the dive, and what do you think led you away from the plan? What are you thoughts about avoiding the same problem in the fututre?

See? Constructive.

Pulled low for the first time this past weekend.

how low ?

I'm guessing above 3k... :ph34r:

:D:D:D

My lowest pull ever, and I hope it never happens again, was getting in the saddle under my main at 700 feet. :S

Stupid leg strap somehow got pulled all the way out during the exit of a 10 way (rear float) and I spent almost too long getting it cinched tight when I realized it was loose (not until after breakoff and I started tracking to feel it flapping against my leg).

That was 13 years ago and I still remember every damn bit of that jump. B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

My lowest pull ever, and I hope it never happens again, was getting in the saddle under my main at 700 feet. :S

I've gotten into the saddle with just enough time to turn to my downwind leg once or twice. :$

Damn snivley canopy!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Pulled low for the first time this past weekend. I think it was sort of like forgetting to pull out. O it feels soooo goooooood ooooooooo SPLAT!

Another reply asking at what altitude did you throw the pilot chute? Just curious.

I don't care if you pull low but it's not particularly wise on a skydiving rig. Hopefully it's just a phase.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Thanks for the pointless post.

Yeah, a real man would pull low then go buy beer...

It was still early in the day, I just packed up and went right back up again for a few more jumps. Better to clear your mind and get it over with.

'course that jump, I didn't have an AAD. I bought a Cypres a couple months later, but not solely because of that jump. Sandy Wambach went in on the 300 ways in Chicago after a freefall collision knocked her out. That made me get one.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Sandy Wambach went in on the 300 ways in Chicago after a freefall collision knocked her out. That made me get one.

Reminds me of the run on Cypreses after Tom Piras went in Panama after a freefall/canopy collision.

I always say, Tommy may not have been wearing a helmet, but at least his free Airtec sponsored Cypres was turned off.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX