blakeman

Swoop Kerwin video?

Don't know where to get the video but is this Tom Kirwin you're talking about. I knew him back in the early 80s before I quit jumping for 15 years. He was a newcomer then. I guess they did a lot while I was on hiatus, including a few large formation records. I wouldn't have thunk it (and that's all I'll say). :oB|

Yes, it is indeed Tom "Lance" Kirwin.

And I advise anyone thinking of putting that video out for the public, to simply be aware that Lance hates it and would really rather it not go out. Not that I expect anyone to respect that wish. Just letting you know. So that if you ever think of being his friend, it won't happen if you post it for public consumption. I wanted to put it on Facebook and youtube but he shot down that proposal when I asked him for his blessing & permission. I have that one, with the Duda hurl, and the sequel to Lance "Swoop" Tandem, along with "Pink Steel" (Chuckie Bonis). And I really wish ol' Lance would let it happen. But as I count him among my friends, the honor thing stops me.

That said, Lance understands that he really cannot stop it from being viewed at the Ranch. And as the Ranch will be having it's 30 year anniversary weekend soon (Aug. 27, 28 & 29), you can just about guaran-damn-tee it will be shown during the two nights (Fri. & Sat.) of the film festival which will be showing footage from 30 years of Ranch madness. So if you want to see it with some of us who were there the first time around, well, then,
"Everybody come down to The Blue Sky Ranch
You can learn how to dive
you can learn how to dance
We ain't got no rules
that's rule #1
But it's the only rule you need
if you want to have fun..."

I can't believe good 'ol Wally Gubbins is nowhere to be found on YouTube. :(

The best stuff ever. Can you still order them somewhere?

Bought a copy of Wally Gubbins from a UK skydiving store last week - unfortunately on VHS. I still enjoy it 20 years later. Absolutely love the safety announcement.

I can't believe good 'ol Wally Gubbins is nowhere to be found on YouTube. :(

The best stuff ever. Can you still order them somewhere?

Bought a copy of Wally Gubbins from a UK skydiving store last week - unfortunately on VHS. I still enjoy it 20 years later. Absolutely love the safety announcement.

[url]http://www.adventurearchive.com/data/books_videos/wally.htm