dragonfyr

Water Training Presentation

Hi everyone,

First, I want to thank Tom Buchanan and The Ranch for making this post possible. They were nice enough to post the presentation on their S&TA webpage. http://theblueskyranch.com/sta2.php
Tom also provided comments on the presentation that made it that much better - Thanks Tom!

The first time I was asked to give a water training as S&TA, I started researching sources to get information. The S&TA manual has no details, the SIM has some good basics, but I found most of the detailed information was gained from the collected wisdom of people around the sport with years of experience. I could not find any source that had the details most of us talk about in training.

In order to help facilitate the training at our dropzone, I decided to build a presentation to gather all the tidbits of information and put it into a logical instructional flow. I also provided speaker notes to help clarify the use of some of the photos.

We are sharing the presentation here for two reasons:
1) To find out if anyone has additional comments or points that we missed
2) To share this with anyone who wants to use it.

Obviously, the CSC logos are off limits, but please feel free to use any or all of the training material at your dropzones.

It was designed for use with a projector, but I have given it twice so far with the slides printed out in slide format or with 4 slides to a page for the trainees to follow along and take home with them.

If you have any questions or comments you don't want to post, please feel free to PM me.

Donald Moffett
S&TA
Chicagoland Skydiving Center

P.S. I'll also post the Night Jump briefing we just completed.