taylor.freefall

Has anybody skydived/s without their wife knowing about it?

The reason I ask is because I - "we" got into a huge argument tonight about skydiving because I asked for a "gopro" camera - and my wife asked "why?'.
- Yep (she was probably right) it's towards skydiving one day but, however, no time soon, just putting it out there (we have a one yr old and a two yr old) - so I totally get her being against skydiving).
Would it so bad just to do it anyway?
(I've actually already done this a few times without her knowing - that was before we had kids).
I guess I just fancy the idea of (even just doing a tandem) and some lunch, just spending some time around the DZ.
Is that so bad?
-(Just to add, I probably already know the answers to this - I just miss skydiving a whole lot and wish I could do the odd jump now and again).

I had a psychotic girlfriend in 2005. SUPER sexy model type. 5'8", 105lbs, Bcup 32-22-33. Could hold her own in the sac.

on our "3 month anniversary" she told me it is ok if I want to leave and hang out with my friends as she had work early the next day. I made a deposit and left. Did the usual array of bandit loads into Folsom field, then 200' high speed runs at the airport, got out low. great times.

She dumped me. I accepted and raised her one. Came back the next night drunk and begging. I let her do her best work with her pants on, but of course she ended up leaving.

Flying is more fun

-SPACE-

I asked for a "gopro" camera -

Hmmm, 48 jumps and not current? Sorry, but you should get another 152 dives before you stick one of those on your head.

You had no poll option for "wife jumps too, no problems.";)

However base jumping and motorcycles are not in the cards for me. [:/] I'm okay with that. :)

Im not married.... but here is what you do. I did this will my family/girlriend of 3 years and it works well (it never worked on the mom, but, she is a mom...)

All she has every heard about skydiving is stuff like this "skydiver dies after falling 1 million feet." thus she has a very negative view of skydiving. SOOOO giver her a good view of it. Every time you come home from the DZ tell her how great everything went.

took about 6 months of doing this and now I dont get any flack from my GF.
I am fucking your mom right now

Bring your wife along with you to watch everyone jumping and landing (if you haven't already).

My girlfriend was nervous about me getting into it. She came along and was impressed how everyone checks each others gear. Even commented that we check that our shoe laces are properly put away.

Now all I have to do is be annoying, and she says "Isn't there a plane waiting for you to jump out if somewhere?":ph34r:

yes..

i made over 1,200 jumps... and she never knew about it.....:o
of course, that's because we hadn't yet MET !!!! each other !!!....B|;)

Since meeting her, in Novemebr of 1980.... i made another 2 thousand...for many of those She was on the DZ ,,, for others,,, not.

ONE was WITH her... when she declared.. "i'm ready to make a tandem jump".. It was memorial day weekend, 2004..... and so we did..
That was a wonderful skydive.....:D:)
jmy

This is the best part about skydiving - turning up at the DZ, Perris in my case, not knowing a soul and meeting some of the most coolest people ever.
Two things I found about skydivers which I believe to be true:
1, They are some of the most self righteous people ever, seriously, but that was obvious I suppose, and
2, They are actually some of the most nicest people too.
Anyway, I digress... but - oh just to add, I'm not planning on jumping with a camera or even taking up skydiving again anytime soon - I actually agree with my wife that skydiving with young children (for me) is not a risk I want to take - but the point was my wifes objecting to my wanting a gopro camera. I want the camera regardless of skydiving - this is what I was trying to point out to her but that led into skydiving and snowballed from there. Did it cross my mind that at some point in the future I could use it for skydiving? Of course, just like it would you!
Either way I guess it just pisses me off that even the mere suggestion of ANYTHING skydiving related in any way what-so-ever causes a huge row.
- Also just to add (well as it stands right now), I fully intend on skydiving again one day when the kids have flown the nest.
Oh just one more thing to add - when I did the pole I (well... was drunk) and honestly thought it would be inundated with a majority of "hell no, I would never do that", but there's more of you out there that do shit without telling your wives than I thought!! wtf - I told you skydivers were weird!!

The reason I ask is because I - "we" got into a huge argument tonight about skydiving because I asked for a "gopro" camera - and my wife asked "why?'.
- Yep (she was probably right) it's towards skydiving one day but, however, no time soon, just putting it out there (we have a one yr old and a two yr old) - so I totally get her being against skydiving).
(I've actually already done this a few times without her knowing - that was before we had kids).
I guess I just fancy the idea of (even just doing a tandem) and some lunch, just spending some time around the DZ.
Is that so bad?
-(Just to add, I probably already know the answers to this - I just miss skydiving a whole lot and wish I could do the odd jump now and again).

so you are being deceitful to your wife (and mother of your kids), and looking for validation on here
Skydiving is NOT your biggest problem
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Is that so bad?

so you are being deceitful to your wife (and mother of your kids), and looking for validation on here

Squeak, I've spoke to you before on here and found you to be an internet warrior - you talk shit on the computer cause you don't think we'll ever be face to face - I'm calling you out right now.
Seriously, this is not the first time you've talked shit, so if you wanna get down let me know and I'll see you - Yes I'll calling you out openly...

Squeak, I've spoke to you before on here and found you to be an internet warrior - you talk shit on the computer cause you don't think we'll ever be face to face - I'm calling you out right now.
Seriously, this is not the first time you've talked shit, so if you wanna get down let me know and I'll see you - Yes I'll calling you out openly...

Nothing warrior about my post, just pointing out that, feeling that you need to keep things like this from your partner might indicate bigger issues.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Had a guy and his girlfriend come out to do a tandem... We got them all set up and asked if they wanted video... the guy's response: "Hell no, I don't want my wife knowing I did this"
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

- Also just to add (well as it stands right now), I fully intend on skydiving again one day when the kids have flown the nest.

Nothing derogatory toward you personally...

But I don't understand that line of thought, yes I understand the desire to be there for the young ones.

But it's almost like you're saying it's more acceptable if your lights go out after some arbitrary point in time, following the off-spring having the capability of paying their own bills...then it is to cash the chips in tonight.

I always figured the whole game is a roll of the dice.

I mean, what's to say when your gettin' the mail tomorrow morning... you won't get hit by a bus full of drunken nuns that are breast-feeding blind orphaned chimpanzees?

It could happen! :)

Does THAT mean you're not gonna get the mail until the kids get their MBA's and have some resumes out?

I understand all the usual arguments/excuses...'priorities' - 'risk management' ect. but there is ALSO a thing called 'quality of life', and if I ever had though even for a moment that raising children would automatically mean I couldn't experience as much of MY life the way that makes me happy...well then I wouldn't have 3 grand kids already! :D

I guess 'if' I were desperately looking for an excuse not to skydive now...I could blame it on wanting to 'be around' until the kids kids have some kids. :S

Your REAL life is what's whizzin' by, while you're dreaming about your IDEAL life...

Now IF you'll please excuse me....I gotta go get the mail.:ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

After I started jumping (photo #1), my wife decided that she wanted to do it also (photo #2).

For the sake of honesty and the marriage, you should tell her. And if she loves you, she'll understand it's something you want to do, and not give you a hard time about it.

On the other hand, if she decides to join you, she's going to use up half of the jump money that you wanted to spend on yourself...

But it's almost like you're saying it's more acceptable if your lights go out after some arbitrary point in time, following the off-spring having the capability of paying their own bills...then it is to cash the chips in tonight.

It is more acceptable. It's not stopping me but I'd rather die later than sooner.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Rap is to music what etch-a-sketch is to art.

It is more acceptable. It's not stopping me but I'd rather die later than sooner.

It's UNacceptable period....:S

MY plan is to live forever...so far so good! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I have trod the ground you are wallking. My wife gave me thhe ultimatium of ''me or the sport'' I then snuck out of the house for about a year. Then I stoped for almost 20 years. Deep down I held a resentment against myself and her for stoping. Finaly a lot of things came to a head. I am jumping again. And getting a divorce. Try to reason with her. There are a lot of skydivers out there who raise familys and jump at the same time. Finaly who ever might be reading this and is considering getting in a relationship, make double damn sure that the ''significant other'' will be suportive of skydiving. If not wallk the fuck away...

i