Sjaak

What's difficult about skydiving

Oooooohhh. You're Dutch!!! My apologies. I'll go over it again... r-e-a-l s-l-o-w :)

oh, I think I understood it pretty well, just mentioned it because you offered me to look at the US classroom instruction manuals..

http://www.parachute.nl/infonlregels.html

You going to talk about it or do it?

I'm definitely gonna do it!! I want it so bad, I almost can't sleep about it :S

But I'm affraid I have to finish my study first, because I've found it is very expensive :( But maybe next summer if I somehow manage to get enough cash for that AFF-course.

Problem is that I think it's really frustrating to jump a few times and then not being able to jump anymore because of liquidity problems:P

Kinda like having an extremely hot girlfriend that only allows you to have sex twice a year [:/]

Thanks a lot for the information and for your offer, but im not from US, Im Dutch..

He gave you a lot of good information - you should not dismiss it so readily. Gravity works the same in the Netherlands as it does in the U.S.

Just leave your little wooden shoes on the ground - if those things come off in freefall they could hurt someone.

If you are dutch, you do have a tunnel close to you.

http://www.indoorskydive.com

you can get in there, and relatively cheaply train and get the idea of freefall, it could help you not repeat jumps early in your AFF training which in the long run could save you money.

Plus it can get your fix before the winter.

and of course you have to post your first attempt on here for all of us to give you great feedback. ;)

Shit man, I thought I'd missed the party now that we are 4 pages in, but fortunately no-one has mentioned swooping to you yet.
Just go ahead and YouTube it. Or anything to do with the PD factory team. You'll see it's well easy and I've a feeling that with your kitesurfing skills you'll be able to swoop straightaway!!!

This is a great troll, either that or it'll turn out we are just grooming a dutch 12 year old!

Well, in your case it would be a dutch rudder.

This is a great troll, either that or it'll turn out we are just grooming a dutch 12 year old!

hmmm, careful now... together with A gay Dave (was that really his name?) you walk into a very illegal direction now...

While you are on YouTube, do a search on skydiving accidents, skydiving injuries, skydiving malfunctions, skydiving idiots, and so on and so forth.

You'll find videos of veterans (and students too) saving their ass (mostly) despite things going not so well.

These are the things you need to learn. They are best learned in a structured setting from qualified instructors - rather than from RoobToob.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Oooooohhh. You're Dutch!!! My apologies. I'll go over it again... r-e-a-l s-l-o-w :)

oh, I think I understood it pretty well, just mentioned it because you offered me to look at the US classroom instruction manuals..

But I'm affraid I have to finish my study first, because I've found it is very expensive :( But maybe next summer if I somehow manage to get enough cash for that AFF-course.

Problem is that I think it's really frustrating to jump a few times and then not being able to jump anymore because of liquidity problems:P

Kinda like having an extremely hot girlfriend that only allows you to have sex twice a year [:/]

If cash is te problem, you should look into the static line course. Most Dutch DZs still offer this and it's just as legitimate a way of starting your skydiving career as AFF. Difference is, it's waaaaay cheaper - but the tradeoff is that the (freefall) progression is also a little slower.
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

So im just like give me a parachute, tell me how i fold it, tell me how it opens, tell me how my reserve opens, and let me jump?

Much has already been said. Just a thought: Go for it, yeah! And if you do, we're looking forward to another set of Duck Skydiving cartoons.
Namowal, how about "The adventures of the Dutch Skydiving Duck"? :P
Should be a great addition to the Alfred Kwak cartoons B|
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

So im just like give me a parachute, tell me how i fold it, tell me how it opens, tell me how my reserve opens, and let me jump?

Much has already been said. Just a thought: Go for it, yeah! And if you do, we're looking forward to another set of Duck Skydiving cartoons.
Namowal, how about "The adventures of the Dutch Skydiving Duck"? :P
Should be a great addition to the Alfred Kwak cartoons B|

My gosh, I've never heard of Kwak before. As a fan of cartoon ducks (Donald, Daffy, Quasi, etc..) I should know better!

Back to skydiving, I wouldn't mind a cartoon about a careless/reckless duck who ignored safety procedures and learned the hard way. Since I'm still very new to the sport, for now I'm concentrating on not being the careless duck who learned the hard way. :)
My blog with the skydiving duck cartoons.

I wouldn't mind a cartoon about a careless/reckless duck who ignored safety procedures and learned the hard way.

http://www.theworldsbestever.com/2011/04/15/duck-burgers/

Are you sure skydiving lead to his demise? I hear some characters are sticking their heads in ceiling fans and filming it... ;)
My blog with the skydiving duck cartoons.

OK now are you talking about skydiving or a dutch rudder??
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!