LongWayToFall

Just a thought-Audio range finders for under canopy?

I completely agree, I don't think it would help. Besides, it looks like they knew the other guy was coming towards them the entire time, so telling them the same wouldn't accomplish anything...
This system would be helpful when you cannot see the other jumper, like swooper vs student or something. The swooper would know that someone was within a couple hundred ft, and that if they can't see them, then they should not start their turn...

As the linked video shows, the problem is that these collisions are historically happening either at a lower altitude, during the landing sequence, where cutting away might not be an option and or where there is no time for the user to react(during/immediately after deploying). Again, its a good idea and there is tech out there being developed to do this but it still won't prevent the problem of canopy collisions that is happening in civilian skydiving.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Well I definitely didn't think that it was going to solve every collision, or even most. I just know for sure that I have read about enough collisions in the incidents forum where one or both of the people involved didn't know another person was there, and didn't see them.
I'll try to dig up some examples when I have some time.

I'll try to dig up some examples when I have some time.

No need to, I've been a first hand witness to several of them, I am more than familiar with the dynamics.[:/]
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING