ShcShc11

Where does Red Bull get all its money for sponsors and such?

Coke's annual profit is about 3 times Red Bulls annual sales.

The more interesting comparison is margin...

Coke sells at retail 6 12oz cans for about 3.00. Red Bull 1 8.4oz can is 2.00.

If you consider the cost to package and ship 1 8oz can to 6 12oz cans. Its a total rip off, but I look at it as supporting my friends and the sports that would otherwise lack public exposure and financial support every time I buy a can. Red Bull really does make a lot of things possible for a lot of people.

Red Bull tastes like crap. It beats m how easily people are sucked in by a bit of flash marketing.

But hey, good luck to them...

In my (and most peoples) opinion it is the best tasting carbonated high caffeine drink out there, vastly superior to Monster/Full throttle/ NOS ect. Its just coffee but more like soda. I don't even know how you can something like that... I think Diet Coke tastes like asswater but I don't assume everyone that likes it drinks it only because of marketing.
"Do you really want to take advice from the guy we call Tarmac?"

Its just coffee but more like soda.

Well...no It's really not 'just' coffee.

Run through the list of ingredients, you'll have to google a few of 'em.

My wife is a super 'eat clean' health nut, she would not allow it in the house so the kids would sneak it.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

When did GoPro start making energy drinks?:S

Apologies, I didn't think the comparison would be lost on you.

See the remainder of the post and maybe it will make sense.
Nixon, Sony, Monster all sponsor skydiving teams/people/gear too. They also all sponsor planes, race cars, professional hunters, tennis players, mountain bikers, skiers, kayakers, and maybe even chess players. They really truly don't give a shit about the sport they're sponsoring any more than RedBull does. They get access to eyeballs and association.
It's called "branding." It has nothing to do with whether they like skydiving or not.
RedBull got sold on skydiving by a skydiving professional, just as skydivers are sold on RedBull by professional marketing. Same thing, different floor.

Monster sponsors no skydive/BASE jumpers

They have different marketing budgets and strategies, Monster has sponsored (major part anyway) several airshow I've performed in.

As DSE said, Red Bull doesn't 'sponsor' skydiving per say, they spend marking/advertising dollars on exposure.

The fact that they deem the exposure they receive from the skydiving end of that money spent worth the 'investment'... is a major plus for us in the sport.

It gets the SPORT positive exposure and gives a paycheck to the athletes they sponsor. But again it's just a small segment of a larger marking strategy.

They also sponsor a great many other 'high energy' segments of recreational activities, from racing to mountain climbing to skate boarding...

The fact that they are involved in 'our' sport is a great thing on several levels, but their participation in skydiving is only a small percentage of their annual advertising budget. I don't think Red Bull has any 'special' allegiance to the sport of Skydiving...they get out as least as much as they put in or they wouldn't be doing it. It's a positive for everybody.

~Except those paying retail for that swill. :P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~