SBCmac

Bad experiences with University of Utah – University Orthopaedic Center

Hey all… Just looking to touch base with anyone who has dealt with the University of Utah – University Orthopaedic Center. I injured my right knee on a hard landing a couple years ago, which I have been trying to get treatment options for from the University of Utah. I have been working with two of their doctors for over a year (I requested to see a second doctor because of a very poor assessment from the first doctor). Over all my whole experience with working with the University of Utah – University Orthopaedic Center has been a really poor experience, from the doctors initially doing a very poor assessment to them just being completely disorganized every time I show up for an appointment (they are greatly over booked, causing me to have to wait very long periods of time to see the doctor or they simply cannot find my appointments and they tell me that I can wait hours or come back another time). Jut to put things into perspective, I have worked with them for over a year now and I still don’t have a full diagnosis or treatment plan from them, even though we have done X-Rays and an MRI. I got my MRI today, but they couldn’t find my follow up appointment so they told me to come back for results (I drive over an hour to that location so I very specifically requested that the follow up appointment happen on the same day as my MRI, which they told me was no problem and is how they normally do things…).

Anyway, I am posting this post for two reasons… The first, I would like to know if anyone has had any success with the University of Utah – University Orthopaedic Center (i.e. Good experiences with them that would prompt me to just overlook my experiences with them so far..). If not, does anyone know of any good Orthopedic Centers or Orthopedic doctors in the Utah area that you recommend?

Thanks ahead of time for any feedback that anyone may have on good Orthopedic Centers or Orthopedic doctors in the Utah area…

BATMAN - (A.K.A. SBCmac ...)

Find out who the doctor is for the Jazz and go there. Or for a knee I'd go to the guy in Vail, Co. Can't remember his name right now, but he does all the tennis people.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

There is a sports medicine Dr in Orem. He's a distance, but specializes in this. His walls are lined with PRCA, BRO, PBR, MotoX, Skydiving, RockClimbing champion's names. He also does many NFL people, including Steve Young and Brett Favre.
PM me if you're interested. He did both my ACL's, and took care of my meniscus.

I agree, U of U facility isn't very good on ortho.

Find out who the doctor is for the Jazz and go there. Or for a knee I'd go to the guy in Vail, Co. Can't remember his name right now, but he does all the tennis people.

Steadman Clinic.
SCR-6933 / SCS-3463 / D-5533 / BASE 44 / CCS-37 / 82d Airborne (Ret.)

"The beginning of wisdom is to first call things by their right names."

Andrew Cooper at Salt Lake Regional is pretty well known for shoulder and knee injuries. I went to him once for a knee diagnosis and just ended up with a torn MCL. He can be booked out a couple weeks sometimes due to his popularity though.

I broke my collar bone a couple weeks ago, and since Cooper was too booked, they recommended me to see Mark Scholl, who is also associated with SL Regional. I got in for my surgery very quickly and everything went amazingly well. No complaints at all. He looks to be pretty specialized in knees as well. You can take a look at his site here. http://www.schollsportsortho.com/

Jeffrey Harrison at the Calton-Harrison clinic at McKay Dee Medical center in Ogden. He is one of the US Ski Teams orthopods and worked on many athletes from other countries during the 2002 Olympics. He did my shoulder (twice) and my wifes knee last winter. You will need a referral as he usually has a waiting list.
Onward and Upward!