EOCS

Since Skydiving I .....

Since skydiving i have noticed i have picked up some habits/abilities.

1. This backpack i use to carry my laptop has a chest strap, i was not aware of its existence before skydiving. Now it is mandatory that its on and tightened so i can feel it. if not i feel like there is something wrong.

2. That same backpack. I find myself checking for the BOC hacky after i put it on.

3. I can now pack things into containers FAR more efficiently then before, suitcases are no match.

4. I now have interest in the weather.

5. If the wind blows sharply i automatically go into a tracking position.

6. I was able to control everything in my dreams before. up until recently i was no longer able to fly. luckily that has come back.

7. Dont get scared when someone drives a little over what i think is the safe limit, not sure how this is related but it works.

8. I have since developed a small fear of flying on commercial airplanes. there is no useable exit, i have no parachute, i know how fast the ground comes up.

how about others?

...realized I'm not as crazy as all my whuffo friends make me think I am. You guys all put me to shame! :)

Don't worry. It probably won't be too long before you're as crazy as the rest of us.

As to the original question, whenever I see a flag I plan a landing pattern.
"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I'm still a student but this is what I've noticed...

*Falling in dreams isn't a bad thing anymore (but it's much colder!)

*When I find myself "fighting" everyday objects (for example, trying to pull something out of my purse that's stuck,) within a few seconds "Cutaway and pull your reserve!" pops in my head.

*I eat a lot of home made sandwiches (on the cheapest bread I can find).B|

My blog with the skydiving duck cartoons.

Lost my girlfriend TURN

When I broke up w/ my last GF, I described it as cutting away...

Have an immediate reserve ride, or did you take a delay to get stable first? B|:P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I look at gear for other sports and evaluate if it would be usable/better for Skydiving than what I have.

That why I saw ya jumping with hockey pads on?

Combat RW jumps?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I look at gear for other sports and evaluate if it would be usable/better for Skydiving than what I have.

That why I saw ya jumping with hockey pads on?

Combat RW jumps?

Years ago I was test jumping the ole 'Plant-em' Phantom round reserves...I wore Knee & elbow pads for landing & a mouth guard for the openings! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Lost my girlfriend TURN

When I broke up w/ my last GF, I described it as cutting away...

Have an immediate reserve ride, or did you take a delay to get stable first? B|:P

The most important thing, when going to the reserve girlfriend, is to leave enough time for full inflation. :D:P
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

have changed my career plans. I recently graduated with a master's in biology, but am going to helicopter flight school when my loans get approved.

Being in the air is much more fun than sitting at a microscope:)

And for the record: the appropriate ranking of cool modes of transportation is jet pack, hover board, transporter, Batmobile, and THEN giant ant.
D.S. #8.8

Since I've been in the sport all my life, I can't relly say that anything has changed, but from time to time, I experience that I take notice of i.e. the weather much more than my friends do.
When I'm driving somewhere, every cornfield or whatever I pass by can be considered a landing area.
I think I can see almost everything in a skydiving perspective..

I just realized that when driving, I am CONSTANTLY looking out the window and analyzing if this field or that field would be better to land in!

I've also done ground crew on a few base, I can't go anywhere without looking at the antennaes, trying to guess how tall they are, and whether they would be good for a jump. :D