Missing Skydiver: Ryan Adams

Ryan Adams
Missing Since October 11th, 2011
Houston, Texas

Height: 6' 1"
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Weight: 175 lbs

Ryan Adams was last known to be living in Cypress, Texas. Ryan is an avid skydiver and because of this, it's believed that he spent a great deal of time at Skydive Houston, a skydiving center in Eagle Lake. He's been in the United States for approximately 3 years and is from the United Kingdom and a veteran from their Army Armed Forces.

Ryan works on oil rigs with the OCS Group. There are conflicting stories as the whether Ryan was at work as usual on Monday October 10th. One of which is stating he was and one stating he wasn't. The last known correspondence from Ryan's work email was sent somewhere around 2am Tuesday morning. It's also believed that Ryan may have been out in local clubs this same Monday night prior to that email being sent.

He has no wallet, no ID, no cards, no passports or anything. His truck was found in Hesperia, San Bernardino county on Friday, October 14th without reason for being there. It's not know if he's previously worked in that area or may have friends there. It's a possibility that something may have happened to Ryan and if so, his truck was taken there and left.

There's been no phone activity, facebook, myspace, or any such online status updates from him. Ryan's mobile phone charger and laptop are at home and all his clothes plus his photos of our daughter too. No-one has heard or seen anything since Monday night the 11th and we're worried knowing he can't survive without money, he spends what he makes and doesn't save although is truck has recently been paid off.

If you know anything, see anything, or have any lead in general that may help, please contact -

Harris County Sheriff Office -
(713) 967 5937
[email protected]
(Main officer on the case- William Pate)
[email protected]

Flyer, with photos: http://someoneismissing.com/flyers/ryan-adams.pdf
Missing persons page: http://someoneismissing.com/
Facebook plea from sister: http://www.facebook.com/missingpeople.uk

So what's the story here, folks? I just saw and spoke with him about two months ago at a Houston drop zone. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary at that time. Is he off on a drinking binge? Did he run away with a woman? What's going on?

Ryan left from the Houston area on October 11th with no explanation. His roomate/DZO Todd Bell said he believes Ryan took one of his pistols when he left. Ryan was seen later that night when he checked into a Texas hotel along I-10 west of Houston. From there he was never seen again.

His SUV was found parked in the desert an hour or so outside Los Angeles a few days later with camping gear and his wallet inside. Since then there has been no sign of him. No use of bank cards, cell calls, etc. since he used the bank card to check into the hotel on the 11th.

Facebook page concerning his disappearance at http://www.facebook.com/groups/275738415798622/
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Ryan's remains have (probably) been located in California. No positive ID yet, but a tentative ID was made from his clothing and receipts in a backpack found with the body. Hikers found the body in the desert a few days ago. More info coming from the family as it is confirmed.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Paraphrasing from someone-in-the-know:

Ryan went missing three months ago.

Skelatal remains have been found in the mountains of San Bernardino, CA, less than 300 yards from where his vehicle was found after he was reported missing. Next to the remains was a Beretta 9mm handgun which matches the firearm stolen from his Houston roommate. The ammo in the handgun also matches the roommate's. So, while the remains have not been positively identified yet by the coroner, the coincidences of location and the gun would indicate that this is Ryan Adams.

Please respect his family and young daughter, and pray for them during these hard times.

Ryan, thanks for the memories and I hope you found the happiness you were looking for.

You should not be interjecting suggestions of illegal behavior into his death with no concrete knowledge to support your assertion. This is simply a groundless defaming of the dead. See the earlier request about "respecting the family". You need to delete your message, pronto. Do you want someone to accuse you of being a drug dealer after you pass away?

MODERATORS: Please delete messages #9 & #10.

We had e-mail correspondence in September and he was texting me on October 10th. He said he was planning on going to the Skydive San Marcos Halloween boogie and was very excited about the jumps/party. He was very playful and lighthearted in his texts. I don't know how any of this happened. BSBD Redcoat.

Message from Ryan's sister on Facebook:
Rebecca Adams

I would like to share with you all, that last night, we had definite confirmation that the body found on 14th January 2012 in Hesperia, San Bernardino IS that of Ryan.

I would, once again, like to thank EVERYONE from the bottom of our hearts for all the help and support since Ryan went missing on 11th October 2011.

We have A LOT of red-tape to go through in order for Ryan to make his FINAL JOURNEY home to Cornwall so we would appreciate no questions.

Please respect our wishes at this dark & difficult time. Many thanks.

Love from Becci, Laura, Alley, Phoebe, Dominic's, & ALL of Ryan's family ? ? ?

Message from Ryan's sister on Facebook:

Rebecca Adams

I would like to share with you all, that last night, we had definite confirmation that the body found on 14th January 2012 in Hesperia, San Bernardino IS that of Ryan.

I would, once again, like to thank EVERYONE from the bottom of our hearts for all the help and support since Ryan went missing on 11th October 2011.

We have A LOT of red-tape to go through in order for Ryan to make his FINAL JOURNEY home to Cornwall so we would appreciate no questions.

Please respect our wishes at this dark & difficult time. Many thanks.

Love from Becci, Laura, Alley, Phoebe, Dominic's, & ALL of Ryan's family ? ? ?

For clarification, Rebecca isn't Ryan's sister. She is his ex-wife and mother of his lovely young daughter.

Now if the family could just get Ryan's personal belongings back as they have requested repeatedly it would make things much better for them. Too bad, really.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Mr. Chuck Akers

Personally you may of hit my roommate Brad and I at a bad time with that reply. ONE day after we found out roommate is dead from suicide.

Sorry you didn't reply to all our texts. It's a complicated syndrome . I would advise you to call The Harris County Homicide Division for more info.
Till the shut up!

As the DZO of Skydive Houston, Stay off Skydive Houston existing and future projects.

Kind Regards,

Todd W. Bell
DZO, Skydive Houston
www.skydivehouston.com