cpoxon

Chevy Sonic advert

Some nice footage

Who was the genius who decided to fly jumprun right into the sun? With one group exiting, they could have flown the other way and avoided the sun flare on the exit shot.

I guess there were only like six camera guys on the jump, maybe I'm asking too much.

I like the shot of the round opening. You can see the self-reefing they do on opening. I wonder how much was left of the vehicle after a 22fps impact with terra firma.

-Michael

That was done at SDAZ, Greg Gasson, Joe Jennings and a few others did it for Chevy. Two more "extreme" commercials for the Sonic will be coming out besides this one in the near future. The car was destroyed as in it looked like a train had hit it. If I find the picture of it I'll post it. Very cool footage and commercial.

As for the comment about the sun, depending on the wind at the moment, dropping on that location has to be along a specific run in heading to make use of the most potential landing area for the payload, especially one that is dumb.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Do you know what kind of prep work was done to the car?

The way it fell, I'm going to guess no motor and/or weight added/removed to make it tumble instead of nose down.

I'd love to see some of the "Behind the Scenes" photos or vid if they are willing.
Joe or Greg commenting on it would be nice too. They chimed in for that music video a couple months ago.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Wow!!!...:o
that's one smashed up car !!!! NOW if Allstate was on top of it's game,,
it would run a " you're in good hands " commercial,,,,:P immediately following,, this Chevy Spot!!!B| ....AND using THAT photo!!!

nice footage , very graceful.

... from the sounds of the audio, it seems like they left, before the green light !!!!!;)

what sort of A A D triggered the deployment for the car??

I'll defer to Greg or Joe to comment on the behind the scenes and prep as it is their baby.

Attached is a "after" picture.

was that sara and curtis? flying outside?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

It was Sara and Steve Curtis and Ty Losey from Arizona Arsenal. Joe and I were filming. Last night we found out that an edit of the commercial is going to air in the second quarter of the Super Bowl. For those that just can't wait, you can see it at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuvoSw1TiJ8

Here are some other edits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpwiqBCSN10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-XPZH3OoOI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ealq_Tamdho

I love the little 'Modified Vehicle' disclaimer that pops up. Just in case, you know, you were planning to buy your own Chevy Sonic for the purpose of chucking it out of an aeroplane.

"What? You mean the parachute doesn't come as standard?!"

I love the little 'Modified Vehicle' disclaimer that pops up. Just in case, you know, you were planning to buy your own Chevy Sonic for the purpose of chucking it out of an aeroplane.

"What? You mean the parachute doesn't come as standard?!"

I want to walk into a dealership and ask if the parachute is available as an option :)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I want to walk into a dealership and ask if the parachute is available as an option

Ask them how many jumps are covered under warranty, and about how many jumps you can expect before you need to reline. Tell them expense is no option and you'd like the competition lines to match the paint job if it's an option.