Tonythetiger7

Uk weight restrictions

Can anyone tell me, or point me in the right direction for post aff, weight limits in England?
I've looked at several local DZ websites and their restrictions seem to vary A LOT...
Are weight limits set at the discretion of each dz or is there a set figure somewhere?
As it stands I am off to do my AFF in spain in a couple months, and i know how much I need to lose to do that, but from what I have seen, for most uk dropzones I'd need to lose about 2 stone

From what I know and have seen, once you are no longer a student and have your A licence, there are no BPA or DZ weight limits in the UK.

HOWEVER, if you do no have your own equipment, you will have to borrow or rent gear. If you are doing this from the DZ then there is a good chance that they will impose their own restrictions (so every DZ will be different).

If fact, jumping at any UK DZ, and the gear you chose, is at the discretion of the CCI - so if they do not like your gear choice for your experience and size they may say "no" - for this information it would be best to contact the DZ you are planning on jumping at when qualified.

The more jumps/experience/proven skills you have, then the less restrictions will be placed on you by the DZ (I know 15 - 16 stone people jumping sub 100ft canopies, but they have 1000s jumps and decades in the sport).

A couple of general notes to add. Bigger people are generally more likely to injure themselves on landing - more mass, more momentum, canopies fly faster and bigger people are generally less fit (yes I know there are exceptions). Also, once qualified, bigger people typically find it harder to find others to jump with as they generally fall faster (and there is a limit to how much lead people are willing to wear) - so if you can lose some weight and get below about 14 stone that is generally better.

Good luck and Blue skies

Paul