shattenjager

Vigil gives 10% discount to US Military

I asked to Mark at UPT and he told me that with a copy of military ID we can get 10% discount from a Vigil AAD.
This is his response:
"Thomas,
UPT offers a 10% off ($1,255.50) Retail ($1,395) discount for active duty military. If you would like to order one, send your details (Billing and shipping address, phone number, payment details) and a copy of your military ID to Mike(email removed to avoid spam). He can place the order for you."
I thought to share it, he told me to send the word.
Thanks
The mind is like a parachute: If you don't open it, it doesn't work.

Is this a recent development? As much as I appreciate the 'tip of the hst' I also take offense. Dont try and drum up military business once you find that your sales are dropping off. Be honest and you will reap the benefits. Be a golddigger and the world will see you for who you are.
The brave may not live forever, but the timid never live at all.

I'm sure they probably didn't want that info posted on a public thread. Most mfgrs that I talked to about military discount asked me to keep it quiet and off the internet, but I could share with military friends.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I asked Mike from UPT if I can pass the information to my fellow service members and skydivers, he replied that he doesn't mind, he encourage it.
I don't see the point to offer a discount if is not advertised; a discount is a form of sale promotion, if not known, nobody use it, thus it will not serve its purpose to increase sales.
The mind is like a parachute: If you don't open it, it doesn't work.

sometimes they don't advertise i think because the % changes frequently. Even with a lot of the canopy manufacturers i have seen changes from 35-40% down to 10% over the last few years. I guess not advertising the % stops people from feeling less appreciated when they get a lower % than they heard they could get. I for one appreciate any discount :)