JohnRich

"CSI: Miami"

Reminds me of the Hawaii 5-0 episode from last fall.

The plot:

A well trained killer is bumping off ex-SEALS and making the deaths look like accidents. One of the intended victims is going to make a skydive, and is met by the killer who is working as the diver driver.

The killer offers the jumper a drink, which is drugged. After getting in the plane, the jumper passes out, and the killer then cuts his reserve cable and AAD control cable with pliers, takes off, and once at altitude pushes the unconscious jumper out of the plane.

Meanwhile, the hero has somehow got to altitude and jumped from another plane. He docks on the victim, hooks him up and deploys so they land like a tandem.

Fun questions:
1. How did the killer get to be a jump ship pilot, who is permitted to take off with only one jumper on board?
2. Why cut the reserve cable and AAD cable if you want the death to look like an accident?

With Hawaii 5-0, the skydive scene is actually closer to reality than many other parts of the show, which often have sequences so impossible or improbable you just have to laugh.
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".

Also they took an Otter up with just 2 jumpers? What DZ is that?

negative ghost rider, interior shots are of an Otter but on exit it's a Caravan :P

Well, the Betty White jump was interior of an Otter and it was actually a PAC.

Some good editing on their part too, they managed to take out the name and the tail number on the plane!

If you look close enough it has the Sydive...... Sant..... as the 2nd guy leaves the aircraft;)

This shows description

David Caruso, Emily Procter
HD Version. When a skydiver is murdered, the CSI's discover that he has more than 100 children and all of them are suspects.

If you look close enough it has the Sydive...... Sant..... as the 2nd guy leaves the aircraft;)

This shows description

HD Version. When a skydiver is murdered, the CSI's discover that he has more than 100 children and all of them are suspects.

I was referring to the BW jump we did. :P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

This shows description

I was referring to the BW jump we did. :P

DUUUUUUUUUDE.. group thing jumpin BW......:ph34r:

It could have been the Farm but I don't remember CSI ever filming here.
:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Unless the guy was so rich since he had a ferrari that he just pays for the flight, then he has no friends but 1 guy that will jump with him?

Next time i get on the plane ill hand the pilot my audible and tell him to match it toanes :P

Close but not quite right the inside shots were an Otter . The outside exit was a Grand Caravan

Hollywood has to be accepted for what it is. Untruth's happen in every TV show and movie they put out about every topic. My favorite film is Streisand's "Funny Girl" which is supposed to be a biography of Fanny Brice but actually has little or nothing to do with her real life. So just kick back and enjoy the shows for what they are.

This might have been the best CSI Miami episode I ever watched :)
But the important question is -- who did the stunts?

Wendy P.

Mick Nuttal was one of the jumpers. Don't know who was the one who doubled for the one who went in... Just a WAG, but Mick might know! Lol
Remster

Jim Wallace was the one that jumped the malfunctioned canopy and Dan O'Brien was camera. They used Spectre canopies with monofilament holding the lines to the connector link and indivdually released each line to look like the lines were breaking. He only rode the malfunction for a short time because of the violence of the spin.

When people help these TV-shows and movies to make skydive scenes, why don't they say no to dorky stuff like this?
Seriously, if they would ask me to hold a cutaway handle in my left hand and throw my PC with my right hand I would say "You're an idiot, right?".

I bet the only ones that noticed the cutaway handle is skydivers, everyone else only saw a parachute deploy.
So what was the point of the handle?

The rest of the episode is kind of out of the skydivers control, but atleast make the freefall part "ok".

If they went to UK and wanted to make a episode about soccer without hooligans they would get the royal beating. :P
It's time to make skydiving realistic on TV too!

>When people help these TV-shows and movies to make skydive scenes, why
>don't they say no to dorky stuff like this?

Because really no one other than you cares.

>Seriously, if they would ask me to hold a cutaway handle in my left hand and
>throw my PC with my right hand I would say "You're an idiot, right?".

And they'd go to the next skydiver on their list and pay them $500 a day to hold the cutaway handle in their left hand.

Episode: "Terminal Velocity". A skydiver is murdered...

Looking for something similar? OK, almost murdered, bravely rescued the way it ought to be! Curious? So watch Hawaii Five-O, episode 3 of season 2! Look here (last quarter, scroll down...) to read about this beautiful piece of crap...craftsmanship B|

Watched it in Switzerland (was on skiing holiday there) and was "delighted" but had to laugh ;):D:D:D
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

I tried to watch an episode of CSI a couple of years ago. Some dead guy in a yard, and the agents are picking up evidence by holding a rubber glove in their bare hands. First they pick something up out of a mud puddle, and then they used the same sopping wet glove to pick up some other piece of dry evidence. I'm thinking, "didn't ANYBODY on this show hear of the OJ Simpson evidence?" We all know how badly those cops screwed up the evidence by letting pieces of wet evidence come in contact with and transfer onto dry evidence.
Also the bare fingers and thumb of the agent came in contact with the evidence on two occasions in about a minute and a half scene. That's about how far into that episode I watched. I have never seen another one.
I'm guessing that their writers don't really give a rat's ass about anything other than their paychecks correctness.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Slightly off topic, but Ryan Reynolds has a skydiving license? or it sounds like he quit after jump # 13 which he had a mal

Top gear Season 18 episode 3 won't be up much longer I assume

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RStuzPc9sVQ#t=3m14s
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp