yeyo

USPA-1000 jumps wings?

Back in the day a C was a competition license and a D was an expert which kind of covered being an instructor, jump master and about anything else.

The C even sufficed for jumpmaster ratings. I went ahead and got the D because one USPA official at our DZ insisted you had to have that to instruct. :S I didn't really check, I just went and got it.

Oh, yeah? Well, I had my nights and my D before YOUR first jump. Nyeah.

Well, I never *claimed* anything, unlike the good Dr. I just pointed out how his position is not that strong.

So your point would be valid if I was acting like Kallend.

Pretty much every previous time this has come up, some respondent has told me to do my night jumps like everyone else has to. So this time I though I'd pre-empt that comment. Apparently there are still illiterate people out there, though.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Pretty much every previous time this has come up, some respondent has told me to do my night jumps like everyone else has to. So this time I though I'd pre-empt that comment. Apparently there are still illiterate people out there, though.

1. Do them and quit crying about it.
2. Get a waiver and quit crying about it.
3. Stay with. 'C' and quit crying about it.

The point being to quit crying about it.

And YOU decided to try an talk down to a person since you were jumping longer than him.... So quit crying about someone doing the SAME thing to you.

Basically, quit your crying.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Did them already, many years ago.

Keeping a poor criterion in place just because you (and I) had to do it is piss-poor logic. Try thinking outside the box for a change.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Keeping a poor criterion in place just because you (and I) had to do it is piss-poor logic. Try thinking outside the box for a change.

Then petition the USPA to remove the requirement. Personally, it is not that big of a deal and it is for the highest license the USPA has... I'd like to see the requirements increased, not dumbed down.

But hey, petition the USPA to remove it... But mainly quit crying about it. It is their license and they can require what they want to require. Whining about it on line is not going to change jack.

So either DO something and quit crying about it, or just quit crying about it.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

But it's DARK in the box....Kiinda fun sometimes, like night jumps! B|;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Then petition the USPA to remove the requirement. Personally, it is not that big of a deal and it is for the highest license the USPA has... I'd like to see the requirements increased, not dumbed down.

But hey, petition the USPA to remove it... But mainly quit crying about it. It is their license and they can require what they want to require. Whining about it on line is not going to change jack.

So either DO something and quit crying about it, or just quit crying about it.

I thought it was our license. I thought we were USPA.

What was I thinking?

Nice PA BTW, read the forum rules much? I didn't think so.

What the fuck are you talking about? Let me guess you got some problem with post 2 or 23 of this thread?

before you start giving advice

Just what advice have I given here in this thread that has your panties all bunched in a wad and up your crack?

Get some experience

I have a lifetime of experience in the sport, about 40 years worth now and 29 of those jumping and or working @ 45 dz's in 17 states, how about you?
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Hi SS

Whats up:)

Don't sweat the small stuff, unless your bleeding;)

Some people don't understand what happens when they put TMI in their profile:S

Or the same peope are to busy to read between the lines in someone else's profile before they say something they shouldn't.:$

Be Well
R.

Now everyone can start complaining about fulfilling the 'C' requirements to get the 1000 jump wings. I see it already: "Why do I have to turn two point on an 8 way or land so many times in a 2 meter circle? They are unrelated to number of jumps"
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

Slightly off topic, but does anyone have a picture of a USPA lifetime membership card to show? I'd really like to see one that was issued within the last 5ish years or so. Many thanks!
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

Now everyone can start complaining about fulfilling the 'C' requirements to get the 1000 jump wings. I see it already: "Why do I have to turn two point on an 8 way or land so many times in a 2 meter circle? They are unrelated to number of jumps"

"It's just not fair!":D:D

Another reason to get a more advanced license? A friend of my, 1300+ jumps and only and A license, recently went to Eloy for jumping. He hadn't jumped in about 4 months and they were going to make him do a refresher jump with an AFF coach. Of course, he'd have to pay for all that.:D:D Instead, he sat down and took the written tests for the B and C licenses, maybe the D too. I know this because he had me on the phone double checking his answers before he turned in the tests.

phone double checking his answers before he turned in the tests.

Sure he wasn't in Cash Cab? ;)

Dont they call that cheating?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Slightly off topic, but does anyone have a picture of a USPA lifetime membership card to show? I'd really like to see one that was issued within the last 5ish years or so. Many thanks!

The gold card? I can send you a pic if you want.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message