yeyo

USPA-1000 jumps wings?

They actually had to go out of their way to make the form more complicated to accommodate this and it's not obvious as to why.

Ordering new forms is cheap. The BOD in their zeal to cut costs chose to take away member benefits. I wonder what benefits were cut from the Group Member program. >:(

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Amazing how many people step up to defend an irrelevant requirement.

Two years ago I finally reached 12 hours of freefall. No "D" license, no badge.

Don't water down the "D," but don't demand a "D" when it is irrelevant. It should be perfectly possible for one to earn a PRO or an instructor rating even without a "D." Within the next few years I will likely reach 1000 jumps. I won't bother applying for wings.

Cheers,
Jon S.

I think its silly to require a D license in order to get your 12 hours or 1000 jump wings, but at the same time I dont really understand WHY you would have 12 hours/1000 jumps and not want or have a D license - unless it is the General Principle of giving that money to USPA. But if it is GP, then why would you want an award from an organization that you have a big enough problem with that you either wouldnt want to be a member of or give money to??
Overall I think I side more with the D requirement being irrelevant in this case.

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

I think its silly to require a D license in order to get your 12 hours or 1000 jump wings, but at the same time I dont really understand WHY you would have 12 hours/1000 jumps and not want or have a D license - unless it is the General Principle of giving that money to USPA. But if it is GP, then why would you want an award from an organization that you have a big enough problem with that you either wouldnt want to be a member of or give money to??
Overall I think I side more with the D requirement being irrelevant in this case.

Its not that I dont ever wanna have a D, or that I dont want to give money to USPA.
The only reason is that I have not need it yet. I will get it eventually when I decide to work on my PRO rating. Thats the only USPA rating Im interested in having and its ok to require a D for that. In fact, I think they should require more for a PRO rating, but thats another issue B|
HISPA #93
DS #419.5

what about night jump requirements for the d license??
that is stupid as fuck too.

It's not an here's why. The D-License is a qualification that you are a "master parachutist".

"Master Parachutist" is a title that went away more than a decade ago. Now it's just a letter giving permission to do things, and unsupervised night jumps or sunset loads are NOT among those things. Hence the requirement is superfluous (and yes, I did mine so it's not like I'm trying to get out of anything).

"Do X because I had to" is NOT a good reason for any requirement.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I have all of my licenses because I EARNED them. This entitlement attitude still blows me away. If you don't want to be part of then dont whine. I appreciate the rules and the rewards and that is what it is a reward and to achieve the reward you must accomplish the requirements set forth to receive said reward. Pretty simple.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

I have all of my licenses because I EARNED them. This entitlement attitude still blows me away. If you don't want to be part of then dont whine. I appreciate the rules and the rewards and that is what it is a reward and to achieve the reward you must accomplish the requirements set forth to receive said reward. Pretty simple.

And I did my night jumps AND earned my "D" license before you even made your first jump (assuming your profile is accurate).

Finally, a license is NOT a reward or an award.

Its not that I dont ever wanna have a D, or that I dont want to give money to USPA.
The only reason is that I have not need it yet. I will get it eventually when I decide to work on my PRO rating. Thats the only USPA rating Im interested in having and its ok to require a D for that. In fact, I think they should require more for a PRO rating, but thats another issue B|

Now we see. You will get if it’s for something you want. Well if you want your Gold Wings…..guess what. You don’t get to pick and choose which rules/requirements to follow. If you don’t like the way things are make an effort to get them changed.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

And I did my night jumps AND earned my "D" license before you even made your first jump (assuming your profile is accurate).

Un bunch your panties Kallend I wasn't "replying" to you you where just the last person on the list.

re·ward 
verb (used with object)
3. to recompense or requite (a person or animal) for service, merit, achievement, etc.

Thought you was a Professor?:S

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Hey guys, don't ya get it? It's all about money. USPA wants the money from all those license fees. I'm not saying that's wrong as they have expenses etc. Back in the day, you could skip licenses under the PCA. Very few got an A because it wasn't long til you could get your B.

As for the night jumps, they were required along with water jumps. Now only the night jump is required. Really stupid. You can always avoid a night jump by just not getting on the last load. A water jump is a bit of a different story. You can inadvertantly get blown offshore at a beach jump. My club lost a guy in that exact situation many years ago. Don't know if he had made a water jump before. "Water Training" as it is done nowadays is a joke.

I have all of my licenses because I EARNED them...

Un bunch your panties Kallend I wasn't "replying" to you you where just the last person on the list.

re·ward 
verb (used with object)
3. to recompense or requite (a person or animal) for service, merit, achievement, etc.

Thought you was were a Professor?:S

So why mention your licenses if you were, in fact, referring to something else?

Hey guys, don't ya get it? It's all about money. USPA wants the money from all those license fees. I'm not saying that's wrong as they have expenses etc. Back in the day, you could skip licenses under the PCA. Very few got an A because it wasn't long til you could get your B.

As for the night jumps, they were required along with water jumps. Now only the night jump is required. Really stupid. You can always avoid a night jump by just not getting on the last load. A water jump is a bit of a different story. You can inadvertantly get blown offshore at a beach jump. My club lost a guy in that exact situation many years ago. Don't know if he had made a water jump before. "Water Training" as it is done nowadays is a joke.

Ah, but what if there's a surprise total eclipse of the Sun while you're climbing to altitude? Then you'll regret not doing those night jumps!

Ah, but what if there's a surprise total eclipse of the Sun while you're climbing to altitude? Then you'll regret not doing those night jumps!

Wow, I never thought of that. I suppose you could actually co blind, say if Rosanne was on the load, took off her clothes and you actually looked at her. Makes ya think...

Wow, I never thought of that. I suppose you could actually co blind, say if Rosanne was on the load, took off her clothes and you actually looked at her. Makes ya think...

You never know. It's quite clear that a jump with a naked ugly chick should be a license requirement.

You never know. It's quite clear that a jump with a naked ugly chick should be a license requirement.

BTDT :|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Another stupid USPA requirement...
Why do I need a D license to apply for wings?
1000 jumps = 1000 jumps
Im not interested in any rating, and Im not giving you my money for something I dont need. Ill reach many more thousands and still hold my A.
Thank you.

You are free to not get a "D".... That means also that you are also not entitled to the benefits that having a "D" includes.

It is a 1000 jump award...I have 1000 jumps, so I earn it.

No, you only earned PART of it. The other part is to have a "D" and that means having shown the skills that the "D" entails.

And in the end.. It is an AWARD and part of that award is to do EVERYTHING it asks.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

And if your profile is correct, I had my night jumps AND earned my "D" before YOU ever made your first jump. I also had an Instructor rating.

Is my opinion more valid than yours now?

And this is a discussion about AN AWARD. Part of that award is currently defined as having a "D". You do not have to like it, but this is an AWARD we are talking about.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Back in the day, you could skip licenses under the PCA. Very few got an A because it wasn't long til you could get your B.

I do not have an "A" or "B" license, but I do have "C" and "D". Also, the USPA basically got rid of the "A" with the license card and stamp. So, the USPA does not seem to want those fees that much.

It should be perfectly possible for one to earn a PRO or an instructor rating even without a "D."

How about an AFF I without an "A"? Should that be allowed?

PRO without a license?

How about an AFF I without an "A"? Should that be allowed?

Clearly it is allowed, I'm a AFF -I and have no license other then a D. :D

Oh and I'm a USPA rated static line jumpmaster.... got the card & patch to prove it.....:P:D
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Back in the day a C was a competition license and a D was an expert which kind of covered being an instructor, jump master and about anything else. I never did know what the hell a A and B were for.
I (and a lot of people I jumped with) only got a license to to go to the Nationals. I was jump mastering 75 jumps and teaching at 100. When I got my grand one of the guys handed me his wings. That's the way he got his. I bought a set and gave his back to him. I was sitting at the nationals in OK and heard they wouldn't give a girl her wings because she only had a C. She had been on the US team and they only needed a C for comp. I went over and gave her my wings. I never put in for the certificate, never cared.
I think the USPA awarded a set of wings to a guy in the late 70's for making 1000 S/L jumps. He was a military instructor.
I always thought the licenses were a measure of proficiency and the wings were survival.
If the wings are a metal of expertise then why have the D. And shouldn't you also have a Pro rating, Coach rating, FFI and TI ? You can get all them by a grand. Or should you have to have those to get 2, or 3?
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

And if your profile is correct, I had my night jumps AND earned my "D" before YOU ever made your first jump.

Oh, yeah? Well, I had my nights and my D before YOUR first jump. Nyeah.

I also had an Instructor rating.

>:(Well, I don't have that.
:o
But I do have a cousin named Ron.

And this is a discussion about AN AWARD. Part of that award is currently defined as having a "D". You do not have to like it, but this is an AWARD we are talking about.

My response, should you have bothered to read it, was to someone who was bragging about how he earned his LICENSES. Thread drift happens.

Oh, yeah? Well, I had my nights and my D before YOUR first jump. Nyeah.

Well, I never *claimed* anything, unlike the good Dr. I just pointed out how his position is not that strong.

So your point would be valid if I was acting like Kallend.