yeyo

USPA-1000 jumps wings?

Another stupid USPA requirement...
Why do I need a D license to apply for wings?
1000 jumps = 1000 jumps
Im not interested in any rating, and Im not giving you my money for something I dont need. Ill reach many more thousands and still hold my A.
Thank you.
Idiots....
HISPA #93
DS #419.5

Why is it every time one of you young chumps don't want to put in the time to earn what you seek out to be handed to you and then learn you have to follow rules to play the game.... it's everyone else who is the idiots....

If you want your gold wings then play by the rules to join to club as all other club members have done to earn theirs, if you don't want to, then piss off!
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Why is it every time one of you young chumps don't want to put in the time to earn what you seek out to be handed to you and then learn you have to follow rules to play the game.... it's everyone else who is the idiots....

If you want your gold wings then play by the rules to join to club as all other club members have done to earn theirs, if you don't want to, then piss off!

+1

Question for you Stat, if i am a USPA member but all my licenses are under the APF, can I as a USPA member get any merits like the 1000 jump wings, using my D from the APF?
or would i need to convert all my licenses over?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Another stupid USPA requirement...
Why do I need a D license to apply for wings?
1000 jumps = 1000 jumps
Im not interested in any rating, and Im not giving you my money for something I dont need. Ill reach many more thousands and still hold my A.
Thank you.
Idiots....

You say you don't 'need' the ratings but you 'want' the wings...seems you DO need the ratings then, or ya can just keep 'wanting'! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

+1

Question for you Stat, if i am a USPA member but all my licenses are under the APF, can I as a USPA member get any merits like the 1000 jump wings, using my D from the APF?

Yes. :P

+1

Yes. :P
you an instructor Jim? if so, a few beers and some log book sighting, might be in order at Elsinore ;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

It is a 1000 jump award...I have 1000 jumps, so I earn it. Why does it matter what license I have? Is like requireing a drivers license to get a cooking diploma. Ok, it is their rule, all Im saying is stupid. Screw them. What license I need to have an opinion? And you dont know me, you piss off and dont call me names.
HISPA #93
DS #419.5

It is a 1000 jump award...I have 1000 jumps, so I earn it. Why does it matter what license I have? Is like requireing a drivers license to get a cooking diploma. Ok, it is their rule, all Im saying is stupid. Screw them. What license I need to have an opinion? And you dont know me, you piss off and dont call me names.

It is a stupid requirement that is a holdover from the 1960s.
If you send me an email requesting that the requirement be dropped, I'll bring it up at the next BOD mtg.
The past two times this has been brought up it was defeated.
Another friend on mine wanted a waiver to the rule.
USPA gives out a lot of waivers to rating requirements, but it is anal on this D-licence for the awards.

Email me at aerosoftware_AT_makeithappen.com

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

It is a 1000 jump award...I have 1000 jumps, so I earn it. Why does it matter what license I have? Is like requiring a drivers license to get a cooking diploma. Ok, it is their rule, all I'm saying is stupid. Screw them. What license I need to have an opinion? And you don't know me, you piss off and don't call me names.

From what I understand it's a requirement to have earned the appropriate license AND made 1000 freefall parachute jumps in order to receive the Gold Wing award.

So it's really more like having to have a drivers license in order to get a commercial operator ticket.

Gold Wing award is a recognition of achievement in the sport, it shows dedication toward personal advancement which is an all encompassing never ending task...it's really not just badge you get for elevator rides. SIUCC

...and as far as calling names, in what context & just who were you referring to with the 'idiots' comment?

...and as far as calling names, in what context & just who were you referring to with the 'idiots' comment?

That's the only name calling I saw. The original poster sounds angry and wants to hear comments that agree with his.

SIUCC

EDIT : It looks like somebody did call him a young chump. How disrespectful.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

It is a 1000 jump award...I have 1000 jumps, so I earn it. Why does it matter what license I have? Is like requiring a drivers license to get a cooking diploma. Ok, it is their rule, all I'm saying is stupid. Screw them. What license I need to have an opinion? And you don't know me, you piss off and don't call me names.

From what I understand it's a requirement to have earned the appropriate license AND made 1000 freefall parachute jumps in order to receive the Gold Wing award.

So it's really more like having to have a drivers license in order to get a commercial operator ticket.

Gold Wing award is a recognition of achievement in the sport, it shows dedication toward personal advancement which is an all encompassing never ending task...it's really not just badge you get for elevator rides. SIUCC

I dont know man, I dont see the word "Gold" anywhere on the application.
They start by saying:

"Use this form to apply for a numbered certificate of recognition of one thousand jumps and/or twelve hours of freefall, or multiple achievement thereof...."

The idiots comment was for the one who made the idiotic rule.
HISPA #93
DS #419.5

It is a stupid requirement that is a holdover from the 1960s.
If you send me an email requesting that the requirement be dropped, I'll bring it up at the next BOD mtg.
The past two times this has been brought up it was defeated.
Another friend on mine wanted a waiver to the rule.
USPA gives out a lot of waivers to rating requirements, but it is anal on this D-licence for the awards.

Email me at aerosoftware_AT_makeithappen.com

:)Thanks for the offer, but I dont want a waiver like Im demanding special treatment or something. I play by their rules even if they make no sense. No wings for me and thats it. Im the same person wings or not, and they cant take away my jumps.
HISPA #93
DS #419.5

That's the only name calling I saw. The original poster sounds angry and wants to hear comments that agree with his.

SIUCC

EDIT : It looks like somebody did call him a young chump. How disrespectful.

hahah I dont care about comments that agree with what I said, I have my own mind and dont need any backup to reinforce my opinion.
And I dont mind getting called a chump or cupcake...the part I didnt like is "young"
HISPA #93
DS #419.5

I agree. I'm a stickler for making people earn things and I can't see a reason to require someone to have a D license to get that award/ I mean one has nothing to do with another.

When it came up at a BOD meeting a few years ago I was flabbergasted at the response. Seems like the money won out. :|

----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

what about night jump requirements for the d license??
that is stupid as fuck too.

It's not an here's why. The D-License is a qualification that you are a "master parachutist".

Can you make that claim if you've never experienced a night jump?

It devalues the accomplishment to remove the requirement. Don't want to do night jumps? That's cool, enjoy your C license. Why do you need a D anyway?
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

No shit, you gotta have a D license to get your gold wings? I didn't know that, but I have both of those. That does seem like BS to me. I have at least one friend that has over 1000+ jumps and only an A license.

I haven't gotten any awards in the last 3000+ jumps or so. It's okay. I know I made 'em.

I'm not disagreeing with the need for night jumps, but getting night jumps can be a right proper pain. For being in a state that has jumping year round, the night jump opportunities aren't often. I've been trying to get one over a year now and my timing hasn't lined up with the very few that have come up.

Now, I don't see this as much of an issue, except that a D is required for Pro and Tandem ratings.

No shit, you gotta have a D license to get your gold wings? I didn't know that, but I have both of those. That does seem like BS to me. I have at least one friend that has over 1000+ jumps and only an A license.

I haven't gotten any awards in the last 3000+ jumps or so. It's okay. I know I made 'em.

For what it's worth, I have 800 jumps and have no license at all. I have done demos, too. It never seemed necessary at the time. Maybe times have changed?
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Maybe times have changed?

:D:D:D Oh yeah, just a little.;)

The ink was barely dry on my C license when I did my first demo. Landed a 2 stack in the quad at a community college. I wasn't smart enough to be nervous. :D

Sounds suspiciously like "We Were Skydivers Once, and Young" ;)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Gold Wing award is a recognition of achievement in the sport, it shows dedication toward personal advancement which is an all encompassing never ending task...it's really not just badge you get for elevator rides.

That is pretty much my thoughts on the subject... not surprising the hear the night jump people in here bitching as well... there are ways for you all to seek out a waver if you wish to both rules. Granted some people have health reasons they can't jump in the dark. But the D-license to earn a gold wings, yes it's a hold over from the day of when many people didn't make it to 500, let alone 1000.

It should be a matter of pride to "join the club" and to get there by following the footsteps of those who went before us. D-1, Carl B., Bob B., Bird, Pond.... the list is long and the names are famous, and I'm damn glad to have earned mine and joined the ranks of fellow 5000 club members.

BWTH
Your 1000 jumps is only one part of the requirements for that award, most everyone else had a D long before a 1000 jumps. I have only applied for one license, a D 200 jumps, it was the top dog and you had to have it for PRO and other ratings, I did the work needed to get all those ratings and licenses and awards, I followed the requirements and rules, took the courses, paid my dues.

Why should we make exception for you just because you think it's stupid and those who thought up those rules to play by were idiots and you don't want to play ball now.

AS ye old Spark man would say: entitlement generation

P.S. the young comment had nothing to do with your age, it's time in the sport.;)
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

>It is a 1000 jump award...I have 1000 jumps, so I earn it. Why does it matter what
>license I have?

Because skydiving isn't just falling out of a plane and surviving. There's more to it than that.

>Is like requireing a drivers license to get a cooking diploma.

No, it's like requiring that you have a driver's license before you get an award for driving 100,000 miles. Seems reasonable to me.

>Ok, it is their rule, all Im saying is stupid. Screw them.

By all means! Ignore them if you think their criteria is stupid.