xijonix

Strap on booties?

I was reading a post about the benefits of booties and strap on booties were mentioned, but I can't seem to find any other information about them. Does anybody use or have used these booties that could help me out and provide some more information?

strap on booties sounds idiotic - if you can't keep tension in them, then they are just impotent shoe covers

sometimes, you have to just get the right tools for the job

again - seems like this would be a better request in the RW forum. did you try a search in that forum - I saw something there about it once and a general search containing "strap on" will just divert you to Bonfire threads

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I don't know about that Bill? Seems to me, the biggest problem with jump suites (from a wearability perspective) is the booties wearing out (well, maybe the butt pannel in my case:)
I've often considered the idea of some sort of removable booties. Maybe they zip onto the jumpsuit? Velcro? If someone could find a good way to build them, it might be worth a look?

If they were removable, they could be of lighter material and just be replaced as needed. Heavy leather covered with shoe goo would be a thing of the past.

When your booties wear out, you could just make a "Bootie Call". B| 1-800-BOOTIES :$

Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

strap on booties sounds idiotic - if you can't keep tension in them, then they are just impotent shoe covers

sometimes, you have to just get the right tools for the job

again - seems like this would be a better request in the RW forum. did you try a search in that forum - I saw something there about it once and a general search containing "strap on" will just divert you to Bonfire threads

Intrudair makes ZIP on booties, the lower legs of their pant, zips off and you can zip on booties.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I was reading a post about the benefits of booties and strap on booties were mentioned, but I can't seem to find any other information about them. Does anybody use or have used these booties that could help me out and provide some more information?

Bootie-chaps where a short-lived idea many years ago as a way for folks to retro-fit themselves with booties while still wearing thier old non-bootie jumpsuit, but folks pretty quickly figured out they might as well just buy a whole new jumpsuit with booties. So folks producing bootie-chaps never made many of them.

In the seventies I often wore Chouinard Super Gators for mountaineering and climbing frozen waterfalls. They were heavy duty and stiff with a Cordura outside and a felt lining. They were held tight below the knees with a drawstring and fastened under the foot with heavy straps fastened to steel cables. They zipped up the sides with large zippers, which were held closed with snaps. They never fell down in heavy winds and weather and with a small modification of the toe to knee section would most likely make a good removable skydiving bootie.

I don't know about that Bill? Seems to me, the biggest problem with jump suites (from a wearability perspective) is the booties wearing out (well, maybe the butt pannel in my case:)
I've often considered the idea of some sort of removable booties. Maybe they zip onto the jumpsuit? Velcro? If someone could find a good way to build them, it might be worth a look?

If they were removable, they could be of lighter material and just be replaced as needed. Heavy leather covered with shoe goo would be a thing of the past.

When your booties wear out, you could just make a "Bootie Call". B| 1-800-BOOTIES :$

Skimmer has, and I'm sure other manufacturers has their designs such that infrequent bootie reworks aren't too difficult. (just make sure that the shoe good doesn't cover the stitch lines - that really makes it a bitch to take apart)

If we can find you a correct fitting and suit with full sized booties by the tunnel camp, I promise you an epiphany

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Intrudair makes ZIP on booties, the lower legs of their pant, zips off and you can zip on booties.

Your mileage might vary - IMHO - zippers anywhere on a bootie makes a nice weak point. Some don't seem to mind.

Your mileage might vary - IMHO - zippers anywhere on a bootie makes a nice weak point. Some don't seem to mind.

Since you have obviously seen them and are fully conversant in the construction and strength, of their zippers used. Ill bow to your expertise.

The OP asked, I answered.

I freefly anyways so dont wear booties, and dont really give a crap about them:ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?