SureShotAlex

USPA 'A' to CSPA 'A'

I'd appreciate if anyone can shed some light on his for me.

If I have a USPA 'A' license, what is the process to now going to get my CSPA 'A'?

I've heard:
-none of it applies, you have to start over for CSPA
-some of the previous jumps and experience can be used, it depends on the logbook examiner / luck
-you just need to do the two RW coach jumps, all your previous jumps count

And finally..I was told if you have a USPA "B", you can apply right away for a CSPA 'A'.

There's alot of BS info going around and everyone seems to be saying something different. Anyone care to shed any light...personal experience perhaps?

All your jumps and experience will count

All the jumps that need to be sigbed by a jumper will count.

If some of your jumps need to be signed by a C1 C2, or instructor, you will need those jumps signed by them, or have them accept the signature of the people who signed them

You will need to take the test again.

That being said, the USPA A will be accepted as a A license in Canada. You can atill get your CSPA license sorted and still use your A (and the reason you will need your CSPA is that as far as I remember you need the CSPA A to get the B and up)
Remster

If you have less than a C license you will have to start at the beginning. That means a solo certificate. You need everything signed off by the pertinent CSPA rated (and current) coach/instructor. This does not usually mean you need to do each jump again, it just means you need to find a CSPA instructor or coach willing to cosign the jumps.
Personally I will always cosign a jump that was conducted by a foreign instructor that I know and respect. I will usually accept jumps signed by a foreign instructor if you can demonstrate proficiency. An example would be 10 accuracy jumps within 15 metres of the target; if you show me a good pattern and good accuracy on your first two jumps I will probably accept all 10 signed by others.
This is where a properly filled in log book comes in.
You will undoubtedly have to do at least a couple of coach jumps. The best thing to do is not treat it as showing that you already know your stuff, but rather treat it as what it is. It is a coach jump that you have paid for and want to learn as much as possible from.
Have fun.