leandercool

Don't underestimate your speed

I'm just killing time today so I'll answer.

T-10 jump, travelling facing downwind on landing, but not too fast over the ground. From his helmet cam, it looks like he did feet, knees, hands on landing. The camera view stayed straight, no rolling whatsoever.

Blowing the tibia and fibula does absorb some energy, softening the landing for the rest of your body, but I don't think it is the way to go usually.

Presumably, he should have had a better body position to get a PLF in.

Man, everyone is wearing GoPros these days.

This has little relevance to civilian skydiving -- except that if you are going to hit harder, get yourself set so you'll automatically start your PLF on landing.

No PLF, doesn't even look like he attempted it. Looks like he pulled the slip IN the direction of drift too.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

This dufus is why we have to do 5 hours of sustained airborne training before a 20 second jump. He was pulling one riser slips to avoid when it didnt appear that anyone was closing in on him. One riser slips speed you up substantially and its almost impossible to slow it back down. He didnt appear to shift his body in in the harness to present his five points of contact to the ground. Failure to execute a proper PLF. NIce blood curdling scream though.

No PLF, and he appeared to be a hefty boy. Looks to have had a faster decent rate from the other jumpers, T-10 will dump a chubby jumper. Also, in very low winds jumpers sometimes landed on their lowered rucksack which can screw up a marginal landing too.

He's a fucking idiot is what he is.

A good example of how filming something distracts people from the job in hand.

By holding (not pulling down) his right front riser he could have twisted his body in the harness facing himself side on to the direction of landing then completed a side on PLF.

I've done 89 drops like that at night in daytime etc and some as low as 110 meters without any problem.

Someone should stick his wings up his ass.....the whole purpose of being a Para is being combat effective when you land being airborne is like taking the bus, it's just a way of getting to work.

The Army expects what 5-10 percent injuries during operations? I blame the gopro.

Somebody one day is going to sue gopro and win one day. I don't remember signing a waiver for mine.:)
Someone commented on another post about the useless two weeks before jump week at jump school.
I know those two weeks help me. I guess he had mad skills.