peek

New resources for modifying aircraft for jumping

For those of you interested in modifications to airplanes for skydiving: Nevada Airlift Group (Frank Umbro) has updated their web site and offerings. http://www.jumpplanes.com/

Frank has had a booth at the PIA Symposium for many years now, and his associates have made presentations there as well. He has recently expanded his offerings as far as resources and items for sale related to modifying aircraft for jump operations.

Disclaimer: I am providing this information as a service to those needing information about modifying aircraft for skydiving operations, (which I see asked about regularly in dropzone.com forums.) I have no financial or other interest in this company, other than wishing to see information available to the sport/industry.

Those floor pads look really nice. I think I would even consider chipping in with the other TI's to get those, even out of pocket! Mmmmmm nice on the knees!!! :D

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Those floor pads look really nice. I think I would even consider chipping in with the other TI's to get those, even out of pocket! Mmmmmm nice on the knees!!! :D

Look like the same type of pads that were in a 182 I got to jump a few times. Talk about luxury! :D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Those floor pads look really nice. I think I would even consider chipping in with the other TI's to get those, even out of pocket! Mmmmmm nice on the knees!!!

wow, wish I would have thought of selling those sooner. Padded floors are super easy and cheap to make. Get some high density foam (no, not your wal-mart stuff) cut it to the pattern of your floor, take it to an upholster have it covered it something that will pass the FAA burn test ( naugahyde works great and is very durable, though a bit more expensive that other alternatives) and bam, you have a plush floor
I'm amazed every time I show up to a DZ and see a piece of carpet, or sometimes less, when it is so simple to have something some much better (and alot more professional looking).