J0nathan

halo jump ?

I suppose Id like to do 2-5 per year. It's not so much the frequency. I just like having my own gear for whatever the activity is. Plus things are good and I have the coin right now.

Go do one. Fall by yourself for 2 minutes. Then think about doing more.
Remster

Sorry Lou. I realize they are two different systems. But after looking seems like the phantom is the newer kit. So the oxcon is the really expensive part correct? The helmet mask and bottle I can't imagine being more than a container. Guess calls will have to be made as to which system is in use by the DZ I'll use to make the jump.

You are way off base here in your thinking on costs. If your DZ has it's own system it's either a civilian home made version in which case none of the military equipment would interface with it or it is surplus equipment that has been piecemealed together from older parts such as the MBU-5/12 or other O2 mask which uses an AirOx VII and components that are not compatible with the two systems we discussed above. The only civilian company that has a proper military setup and runs their jumps the correct/safe way, to my knowledge, is HALOjumper.com and the operation in California and they provide you with all the necessary equipment.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

>I just like having my own gear for whatever the activity is.

You might look into a supplemental system such as those sold by Mountain High and Aeromedix. They're supplemental oxygen systems that allow medium altitude (20-24K) dives to be made more safely. They will not do 100% O2 prebreathing so they are not suitable for 30K, but I think you'll find those dives are pretty rare.

Out of 6000 or so jumps I've made around 200 have been above 16,000 feet, about 40 above 20,000 feet, a few above 24,000 feet and one at 30,000 feet. So for me the smaller bailout system was worth the money.

I suppose Id like to do 2-5 per year. It's not so much the frequency. I just like having my own gear for whatever the activity is. Plus things are good and I have the coin right now.

Go do one. Fall by yourself for 2 minutes. Then think about doing more.

+1

While kitted up with a good quality MBU/20, Airox8 & twin-cylinder 22ci unit, I asked “just curious, but what does this stuff cost?” He replied “about $8000”
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"