J0nathan

halo jump ?

hi
how much does it cost to do a halo solo skydive ?
what are the requirements ?

would be awesome to do one for my 18 th birthday, i guess its probably extremely expensive and requires at least d license or something, but i thought id ask anyway.

blue skies

Skydance in Davis CA does them regularly. I haven't done them, so I'm not sure of the cost (I *think* it's in the $400 range but don't quote me on that). You're also required to have high altitude chamber training beforehand, and I'm not sure what the other prerequsites are. I'm sure you could contact them for more info if it's something you're interested in - there's a 30,000 foot jump scheduled for late May.

http://new.skydance.net/skydance_skydiving_events_and_calendar/skydance_skydiving_events.htm
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Here are the solo jump prices from http://shop.halojumper.net/category.sc?categoryId=2

Solo first time HALO = $375 USD

Military Discount HALO = $325 USD

2nd time/returning HALO = $300 USD

1st NIGHT HALO = $425 USD

Returning NIGHT HALO = $325 USD

All you need to have is a B license from what I remember.
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

Dang, one more other way to spend my Skydiving dollars.
Sounds pricey at the cost of about 12 -16 regular jumps !
But probably worth it....:S

It's a "GEAR" heavy jump. Not just a case of getting out higher than 14000.
There's training and equipment use and hire.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

What do you mean by a Halo jump.?Besides High Altitude Low Opening :)
How high is high? AGL, MSL?

How low is low?

IMO Sky dive city has the best bang for the buck, It's more than high enough, give them a call for first hand info;)

R.

One Jump Wonder

When the OP said HALO I was simply assuming he was referring to a 30,000 ft jump where you have to use a bail out oxygen system and all the cool equipment where it makes you look bad ass!!

Equipment needed as follows: HGU 55 helmet, MBU 5,12, or 20 HA/LP oxygen mask, and a twin 22 or 52 bailout assembley will be provided after your 3 hour training and jump breifing......all provided for you (included in cost) prior to your jump
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

Skydance normally do 30K HALO jumps on two weekends a year (usually May & Sep). Tad Smith is the HALO master and has all the equipment. I would consider him the best, safest and most experienced you will find. At that height it’s all about the oxygen, not just a “higher” skydive.

You’ll need:

• Minimum 200 jumps
• FAA Class III Medical
• Hypobaric Chamber Training Session

Costs may have changed but are approx $585 initial HALO and $425 secondary jumps.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

You can go to about 24k or so without bailout oxygen for around $100.

It is much easier because you'll only need oxygen in the plane and exit quickly when you put it down, without the need for a high altitude chamber session.

The extra 6k feet requires a lot more $ and time, so it might be worth considering. Many more DZs are able to do such a jump. It is relatively easy to get several other jumpers willing to pay a premium for such a jump and make it happen even if a local DZ didn't have plans to do it.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Hi JO

If want to do real Halo for free all you gotta do is join the army.:)
Then you get paid to jump and paid even more for being Halo qualified.

The army will even give you lots of cool stuff to jump with. That you can use on the ground like food ammo, a weapon.

You'll also get two sets of wings for your army uniform. B|

IMO 2-3 minutes solo at one time in a tunnel is a lot more cost effective, safer, and you will land at the exact same place you took off fromB|

I wasn't in the army, halo qualified, I think there a big difference between doing Halo in the army vs as a civie.

Have you considered doing a S/l jump on a round canopy at a DZ;).

R.

R.

One Jump Wonder

I think it would be fun to do atleast one but out of curiosity why is the tandem jump $3K more then the solo jump? And what the FF time on a jump like this?

The cross county sound kinda fun too:
EXITING AT 23,000 FT AND DEPLOYING AT 20,000 FT FOR AN AWESOME CROSS COUNTRY 12 MILE TOUR OF THE COUNTRY SIDE

HAHO:)
I've talked with some army HAHO people its cold up there and its a long ride.[:/]
Second hand info[:/] they steer with their feet[:/]

When they land they have to go to work.:(
One Jump Wonder

I recently did a halo jump in sept 2011 with Kevin at halojumper.com, just outside of memphis TN. Ive done a few 21k skydives before but this was always on my bucket list. Training, all equipment, certificate, and free tshirt were all included for under 400.00 ( no alt chamber requirement).. It was a short 7hr drive and me and a buddy split the gas and hotel, so total cost was 650.00 or so. Kevin also gave each one of us a go pro to wear, no charge.. I had the angle all wrong on my wrist mount so the angle is a little off. Search Scott Corder on YouTube for my video. Also search chad morris on YouTube. It was his 40th jump and his video is excellent. Exit temp was -29 degrees, exit alt was 29,700.. Over 2 min of free fall time.

Years ago, I had thought abt traveling and getting the altitude chamber cert, flying to CA, car rental, etc. back then, I was 500.00 or so, which also included a lower altitude jump with all the gear. The total cost for that would have been 1300.00 or so.

I recently did a halo jump in sept 2011 with Kevin at halojumper.com, just outside of memphis TN. Ive done a few 21k skydives before but this was always on my bucket list. Training, all equipment, certificate, and free tshirt were all included for under 400.00 ( no alt chamber requirement).. It was a short 7hr drive and me and a buddy split the gas and hotel, so total cost was 650.00 or so. Kevin also gave each one of us a go pro to wear, no charge.. I had the angle all wrong on my wrist mount so the angle is a little off. Search Scott Corder on YouTube for my video. Also search chad morris on YouTube. It was his 40th jump and his video is excellent. Exit temp was -29 degrees, exit alt was 29,700.. Over 2 min of free fall time.

Years ago, I had thought abt traveling and getting the altitude chamber cert, flying to CA, car rental, etc. back then, I was 500.00 or so, which also included a lower altitude jump with all the gear. The total cost for that would have been 1300.00 or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_c8ngnjjy4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q2Z7jJh4r0

Next time the Mrs and I go to KY, I'm so stopping in TN for this :)
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

For those asking abt rw and free flying; our group of seven did try a group of 5 and a 2 way. I was #6 out of the plane with my 2 way partner right behind me. You were not allowed to launch a formation and ghe exit was all 7 of us, single file and out the door as fast as we could. All 7 of us were out the door easily in 2-3 seconds, but the seperation was still huge. I was 250lbs+ with gear and wanted to maximize my freefall so I exited, rotated into the wind to video my two way buddy. He never got down to me. The attempted 5 way did get 3 people together at 6k agl..
Idk abt head down halos as you have a helmet. O2 bottle (waist or leg mounted) o2 mask/hose and goggles, some of which may shift locations if head down??