thebeev

Friggin Wuffo's

Wuffo comments don't really bother me unless they are both ignorant and judgmental.

Maybe it's time to broaden the definition. If a non-skydiver is a Wuffo, a non skydiver who's snotty about it is a What-the-F**cker.:P

Or we could just call them "Spence's Kids."

(I'm not implying that they are his actual offspring, just the sort he seems to have to deal with a lot)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

When a Wuffo asks me how many jumps I have I get total disbelief from them when I answer.

...they tend to think it's ALL B.S. when I tell 'em there are people in the sport 1/4 as long as me with 3 times my jump numbers!
:D:D

Ive actually had someone call me a liar with regards my jump numbers.
NO ONE has that many jumps. Who would skydive a thousand times:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Holy thread resurrection! Noticed how old this was when I saw a post by Tonto [:/]

My favorite thing is to go to the "I want to swoop with 30 jumps" threads from 5 year ago and see the comments.
The real kicker is that now the OP has 3000 jumps in the profile.
There are no dangerous dives
Only dangerous divers

I don't know why anyone would want to talk someone else into skydiving. How are you going to explain your actions to the parents or spouse if something happens? I never try to talk people into skydiving. I try to talk them out of it. If I can't talk them out of it, they are the people I actually want in the sport.
Green Light
"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."
"Your statement answered your question."

How are you going to explain your actions to the parents or spouse if something happens?

Lol, what happened to personal resposibility. The only thing you owe loved ones is an hoenst answer. "They, or someone else, screwed up and they paid the ultimate price. it sucks, but it happens." You then go an manifest for your next load because this is about the living, not the dead.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

When a Wuffo asks me how many jumps I have I get total disbelief from them when I answer.

...they tend to think it's ALL B.S. when I tell 'em there are people in the sport 1/4 as long as me with 3 times my jump numbers!
:D:D

Ive actually had someone call me a liar with regards my jump numbers.
NO ONE has that many jumps. Who would skydive a thousand times:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Google is y friend:P

Wanna bet punk:ph34r:

http://www.mostjumps2006.com/
One Jump Wonder

Agreed I get a lot of whuffos who make some of the most stupid comments and talk crap about us and our sport. But hey we get to do what most people will not experience. blue skies!

This comment Probably belongs in the bonfire, but I found that the comments say more on the people who make them than skydivers or skydiving.
There are no dangerous dives
Only dangerous divers

What bothers me the most is all the people who immediately assume I have a death wish, and just keep asking "aren't you afraid to die?" My own sister said she has no respect for me or my husband, because "obviously we don't respect life", and "are suicidal".

We are not suicidal or even have a death wish. Every jump we make we intend to dave our lives! We have to chances, lol. There is no suicidal tendencies there at all. ;)
GO BIG OR GO HOME!