Gato

So I know this guy...

Great read! I enjoyed it, and learned a few things along the way. I appreciate the fact that you emphasize the gravity of the situation (no pun intended) when a new jumper decides to take up skydiving. There is risk, and it is not to be taken lightly.

Chapter 2 made me sad, though... I just invested in my first rig, and because I am a perfectionist, I got a matching jumpsuit, container, and canopy. Is matching gear frowned upon in this sport?

Chapter 2 made me sad, though... I just invested in my first rig, and because I am a perfectionist, I got a matching jumpsuit, container, and canopy. Is matching gear frowned upon in this sport?

Only by people with absolutely no fashion senseB|B|B|B|B|B|

or those who are truly great flyers:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Anytime you see someone with new colorful matching gear you can safely make one of the two assumptions :

a) Noob
b) Awesome sponsored athlete

99% of the time you will be right

Bummer :(. Guess I have pegged myself as a noob, because I am many hundreds (if not thousands) of jumps away from being a great flyer.

Thanks for the advice. I'll accept my place as the obvious novice - maybe that is a good thing, as I will get advice suitable for a novice.

Sorry for the tangent, OP.

Bummer :(. Guess I have pegged myself as a noob, because I am many hundreds (if not thousands) of jumps away from being a great flyer.

Thanks for the advice. I'll accept my place as the obvious novice - maybe that is a good thing, as I will get advice suitable for a novice.

Sorry for the tangent, OP.

you still got choices :

a) do a few PLFs on grass and dirt and get rid of that disgusting new look
b) accept yourself to be the 1%er

I was going to buy matching gear too! but I need a reline so I was putting my money on that waiting.. then read this, maybe its good I don't look like a colorful noob (even if I fly like one) but just a noob. BUT IM STILL GETTING MY GREEN LANTERN CUSTOM JUMP SUIT NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS!