leandercool

Breathing trough your SKIN during freefall??

Have you ever wondered why skydivers drink so much at the end of the day?

Well, all that high speed freefall creates airflow over the skin that literally sucks the moisture right out of your pores, much faster than it would normally be ejected by sweat alone. This leaves jumpers with a hydration deficit. And therefore, that moisture must be replaced as soon as possible to return the body to it's natural state of liquid equilibrium.

And that's why skydivers can't wait to get a beer at the end of the day. It's actually a medical necessity.

No, no troll intended. I was just reciting a little trivia. Humans can't do that. Not even the guys who jump Naked. Better?

I've jumped nekked a few (read a bunch) of times, and I never remember breathing during the jumps at all. :)

Do you remember whistling?

:o

I can't find the Mythbusters program to give the exact details but they tested the myth of the gold finger movie that the girl was killed by painting here entire body gold. Life is like school I guess and you always remember the answers you get wrong. They proved that painting the girls whole body would kill her because her skin could not breath. Surely I'm not the only one here that watches that crazy show. Perhaps some of you can find the james bond episode and give us the exact reasons why.

Body temp gets too high

there was a speed skater who painted himself all blue who apparently died as a result of the full body painting.
Blocked pores = no perspiration => dead guy with skates on.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

...what..?

Did this guy just run out of writing ideas? It doesn't matter how fast you go, the oxygen molecules will NEVER go through our thick skin. Right?

It's not getting oxygen through "thick skin" that's the problem; it's trying to get anything through a "thick skull."
It's all been said before, no sense repeating it here.

...what..?

Did this guy just run out of writing ideas? It doesn't matter how fast you go, the oxygen molecules will NEVER go through our thick skin. Right?

It's not getting oxygen through "thick skin" that's the problem; it's trying to get anything through a "thick skull."

As long as the oxygen would reach our bloodstream it would be fine.
That however is not the case
From 0 to 12.000 in 9 minutes