nigel99

Why the disparity?

I am curious. In order to obtain your C license you need to land within 2m of the target on 25 jumps.

Then you look at the measured results from competition sport accuracy and even at national level people are struggling to get less than 10m.

Why is there a disparity? I'm planning on competing in sport accuracy and this really got me thinking that I am missing something.

http://www.texair-limited.com/amd_pads/amd_pads.htm ~~the pad

Centimeters my friend...;)

The great ones pound out 0.00cm, jump after jump after...

http://www.parachuteaccuracy.org/

jeez you guys is a bunch of whuffo's:P I said SPORT accuracy.

Classic accuracy is for old men...

From the scoreboard in the March Parachutist

Sport Masters winner - 6.01m (total distance I know).
But then go to sport novice and first place is 9.76m, followed by 53.42m.

In the masters category by 3rd place it is over 10m.

Kudo's to Sam Prescott though the winner of intermediate 0m:)

Competitors will be judged on the following
three tasks:
1. Accuracy: The distance between their first point of contact and the target center will be measured with a possible score of zero meters (dead center) to 15 meters maximum.
2. Stand-up landing: Failure to perform a stand-up landing will add a 15-meter penalty to the competitor’s score.
3. Landing control
Skydiver’s Competition Manual • Collegiates
May 2011 Skydiver’s Competition Manual • Section 7 — Page 115
United States Parachute Association® Publications
a. Failure to contain the landing within the 30-meter-diameter circle will add a 15-meter penalty to the competitor’s score.
b. If the first point of contact is not within the 15-meter radius circle, the competitor will receive the maximum score.
C. Maximum total score is 45 meters.
D. The target dead center is 1.5 meters (60 inches) in diameter and may be changed to .4 meter (16 inches) in diameter during the last two rounds at the judge’s discretion.
E. The individuals with lowest total accumulated scores will be the winners.

Sport accuracy...oh you mean like throwin' hand grenades, pretty close is good enough. :S:ph34r:

Yip. See I made the mistake of wanting a sport accuracy comp as a way of spicing up my B license accuracy jumps and making them more fun.

The problems started once Andy brought out the tapemeasure:o For some reason every jump that wasn't measured was dead-centre and the others well:D

POPS accuracy is for older men son. Maybe its called hit & rock.

It goes something like, land, touch the DC, and run to and sit in the rocking chair.

Where you ditch your rig is up to you.

Lowest time wins, and it's very competive.

Could be a video on utube, or maybe not.;)

One Jump Wonder

Sport accuracy...oh you mean like throwin' hand grenades, pretty close is good enough. :S:ph34r:

Yip. See I made the mistake of wanting a sport accuracy comp as a way of spicing up my B license accuracy jumps and making them more fun.

The problems started once Andy brought out the tapemeasure:o For some reason every jump that wasn't measured was dead-centre and the others well:D

Sport accuracy is not quite the same as ZONE accuracy.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Sport accuracy is quite the same as ZONE accuracy.

I've not heard that term before. Have you got more info?

Sport accuracy is quite the same as ZONE accuracy.

I've not heard that term before. Have you got more info?
Zone accuracy is HP canopy accuracy, sport accuracy is 1st point of contact aiming for a target.
Classic accuracy is SINK the mutha in vertical and try not to break your heel
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?