leandercool

Why people skydive - Article

http://ezinearticles.com/?Why-Do-People-Skydive?&id=28569 (damn right I made that clicky!)

I came across this article, and it was really interesting. It explains what I've tried to explain for months.

(preview of article:)

"No one I've ever talked to has been able to put into words the sensation of skydiving. Even asking first time jumpers - is there any way to describe what you just did - only elicits a wide-eyed, grinning, no way." ...

"Mentally it is an incredibly refreshing break from "society". Skydiving is a super stress reliever. When you are skydiving, you focus on that skydive and nothing else. This keeps away all the distractions of life. No room for stray thoughts or worries here. The intense focus and the pump of adrenaline leave you feeling mentally and physically cleansed."

You may reconize some of this in your own experience.
From 0 to 12.000 in 9 minutes

wow, that is a good article! :)

yes it realy is! but something is still missing. i think part of it is, that you just can't realy explain it...

Skydiving is one of those actiities that if youve never done, its impossible to explain. But to those that have done it, no explanation is necessary
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.