43_echo

Dropzone.com purchase (Caveat Emptor)

Is there any particular reason you have removed you profile information from here and other web sites? Going stealth doesn’t help your credibility.

Sparky

Yes she is bad mouthing my name for something that isn't true, why wouldn't I change it?

If it isn't true, what do you have to worry about? Pulling your info makes you look like you have something to hide.

Your reputation isn't something you take out of your trophy room every once and a while, polish up, and show off. You carry it with you every day, and it'll serve you as well as you serve it...

Nobody has a dog in this fight but the two of y'all. Everyone is just giving you both the benefit of their outside viewpoint.

>At first when removing it from the box it looked nice but upon spreading the canopy
>out it was very visable that the top skin had a stain or UV damage going from the
>2nd cell to the center cell.

Has the discoloration affected the porosity or strength of the fabric?

No Pictures......except for the original photo on the ad. BTW, I am a he not a she.

Kevin resumed contact with me through email. So far he told me he contacted PD and wants me to send the canopy to them to have them check it out.

Strangely enough, I came into work this morning with the boxed canopy and was about to do the same thing. I plan on sending it down there tomorrow.
Jude

Is there any particular reason you have removed you profile information from here and other web sites? Going stealth doesn’t help your credibility.

Sparky

Yes she is bad mouthing my name for something that isn't true, why wouldn't I change it?

Kevin, I started this post after I contacted you and you balked at the idea that you sent it to me that way. Your info was already gone from here. That is why I decided to post to warn others about not brokering deals.

I did make a copy of it (your registration info) on January 20, 2012 after I sent you the money.

Seems he has posted here. But I'll be honest, if you had started a thread about me and started bashing me... I doubt I'd respond to you. Especially when some of the other posters are talking about a lynch mob.

I would think if someone attacked your integrity Ron you wouldn't need to say much as lots of folks would be defending you even folks that disagree with you.
I personally would never ever have let something like this get out of hand. My word is the only thing I truly own in this word and is most valuable asset no way would I let something like this have people questioning it.
P.S. I don't send anything without payment or to a broker. My word and reputation should be enough not because I'm special but because I can easily be vetted. I also wouldn't buy from someone that couldn't be vetted and am happy to pay more from someone I know then save a buck gambling on the unknown.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

I do wonder how often people get ripped off. I don't think it is really that often. I have purchased basically everything I have on DZ.com from at least a half dozen sellers and everything has worked out well. For major purchases, I asked more questions and requested references from a DZO or S&TA at the seller's dropzone.

I guess I have been lucky counting on the honesty of strangers.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

Well here goes $90.00 more into this for shipping fees. Off to PD.

Why ship using next day air for 90 bucks when ground would get it there in 2-3 days for under $30 ?

Not to mention that gettting it there on Friday wont really do anything different than getting it there on Monday as PD closes at noon on Fridays.

Why ship using next day air for 90 bucks when ground would get it there in 2-3 days for under $30 ?

Not to mention that getting it there on Friday wont really do anything different than getting it there on Monday as PD closes at noon on Fridays.

Next day air is damn pricey! :o

I send EVERYTHING by Ox-Cart-Express, I gotta whole lot more time than money! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Not to mention that getting it there on Friday wont really do anything different than getting it there on Monday as PD closes at noon on Fridays.

Next day air is damn pricey! :o

I send EVERYTHING by Ox-Cart-Express, I gotta whole lot more time than money! :ph34r:

Wow... Considering how old you are, you must be living in the poor-house... :|

Do you at least use corrugated cardboard boxes when you set up your new pad?

;)
Remster

I am one of the riggers who has worked on Kevin's gear. If the OP would like to have a discussion he/she can pm me.

So did he chop and lose the canopy in the trees for a couple of weeks?

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

I would think if someone attacked your integrity Ron you wouldn't need to say much as lots of folks would be defending you even folks that disagree with you.

Maybe, and I would hope so... But I have what 10k+ posts and have been around 18+ years, worked at 6+ DZ's...Etc.

But when faced with a controversy you have two real public options:

1. Say nothing.
2. Take positive action like Tylenol did during the 1982 murders.

#2 is easy if you have the funds and KNOW you are wrong (or will be seen as wrong). In this case I can see how the guy is not 100% sure he is guilty and he spent the money already. That makes #2 difficult.

If I were him, I'd offer a refund minus shipping costs, or offer the 600 bucks back. But I can write a check for it and I am betting he can't.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I have received emails from Kevin. He told me he called PD and they told him the usual fee of $25.00 for inspection and then possibly an additional fee of $25.00 for futher testing should the canopy need it. I have it packaged and is ready to ship today.

I am hoping once PD gives their recommendations we can agree and more on. I am also asking what they would value this as being sold as is to see what they say.

Out of curiosity, do you get what you ask for?

I also ask and very often what is get is couple of bad quality camcorder made screen shots.

For whatever reason, very often sellers don't send pictures...

It's not an excuse, but a reason of not getting valid information and big disappointment while opening a box.

In terms of the buyer, in my opinion it doesn't really matter if the canopy waited a month for inspection. Is winter, most likely canopy wouldn't be jumped in that time, so there wouldn't be any valid reason for "exposing" the canopy to any damaging environment (in common sense).

I also agree that in this case there is a difference in definition/understanding of "good condition".

j.
Back to Poland... back home.

I've bought 2 canopies through DZ.COM. In each case I asked someone I knew at the seller's DZ for a reference, and the seller agreed that the third party could hold my check until the canopy arrived. In each case what I got was exactly what the seller had described, and we were both happy with the outcome.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Out of curiosity, do you get what you ask for?

I also ask and very often what is get is couple of bad quality camcorder made screen shots.

For whatever reason, very often sellers don't send pictures...

j.

Most people send what I ask. If they aren't good I'll ask for more. If they don't want to provide them, I'll buy from someone else.

I have received emails from Kevin. He told me he called PD and they told him the usual fee of $25.00 for inspection and then possibly an additional fee of $25.00 for futher testing should the canopy need it. I have it packaged and is ready to ship today.

I am hoping once PD gives their recommendations we can agree and more* on. I am also asking what they would value this as being sold as is to see what they say.

*move on.

Well, I thought there would be......Kevin emailed me that he didn't have the money to give me a refund. He called PD and then emailed me to send the canopy there and have it checked out by them. He said he would work with me on a fair conclusion to this transaction.

Turns out that the canopy had fading but not any real damage. That was the good news.....bad news is that the trim is out little over 3 inches and needs a reline. It also has some puncture holes somewhere on the tail but PD said there would not warrant a repair yet.

I am now asking that he pay me $310.00 and we call it even although I made a seriously bad mistake here and could have had a new canopy for the money spent. If I was told it needed a reline I know I would never have paid $1,600.00 for it and passed.

PD is relining the canopy for me.

I emailed him and am still waiting for a reply. Keeping my fingers crossed..................