43_echo

Dropzone.com purchase (Caveat Emptor)

I am now asking that he pay me $310.00 and we call it even

In the OP, you wrote that the ad said '200 jumps, I bought the canopy new'. Given what PD is reporting, there's no way it has 200 jumps.

I would stick to your original request of a bigger refund, even if he has to make payments. He says he bought it new? Ask for the name of the dealer he got it from to prove it. I don't think he can because there's no way he did. Better yet, ask PD which dealer sold the canopy originally and when, bet it doesn't match the sellers story.

Imagine what would happen to PD if canopies went that far out of trim in 200 jumps. Nobody would ever buy their stuff because they couldn't afford to keep them in trim, and the service dept would be backed up for over a year.

Well, I thought there would be......Kevin emailed me that he didn't have the money to give me a refund. He called PD and then emailed me to send the canopy there and have it checked out by them. He said he would work with me on a fair conclusion to this transaction.

Turns out that the canopy had fading but not any real damage. That was the good news.....bad news is that the trim is out little over 3 inches and needs a reline. It also has some puncture holes somewhere on the tail but PD said there would not warrant a repair yet.

I am now asking that he pay me $310.00 and we call it even although I made a seriously bad mistake here and could have had a new canopy for the money spent. If I was told it needed a reline I know I would never have paid $1,600.00 for it and passed.

PD is relining the canopy for me.

I emailed him and am still waiting for a reply. Keeping my fingers crossed..................

eeee....ouch.

3" out of trim and needing a reline surely does not sound like the claimed 200 jumps ..

3" out of trim doesn't sound too out of line to me.

After 500 jumps on my Stiletto 120 the outer lines had shrunk 6" which was 4.5" more than the inner lines. A bigger canopy with longer lines would have had more shrinkage.

I couldn't speak to when PD considers a canopy out of trim enough that they'd want to correct it.

3" out of trim and needing a reline surely does not sound like the claimed 200 jumps ..

3" out of trim doesn't sound too out of line to me.

After 500 jumps on my Stiletto 120 the outer lines had shrunk 6" which was 4.5" more than the inner lines. A bigger canopy with longer lines would have had more shrinkage.

I couldn't speak to when PD considers a canopy out of trim enough that they'd want to correct it.

let me rephrase using exact terms :

a canopy with 200 jumps should not need a reline
a canopy with 200 jumps should not be 3" out of trim