gchain

Should I take a skydiving course?

It was 1 year ago that I did my first tandem, absolutely loved it, apart from a crazy headache.
The company I jumped with is very competent and friendly, but it is 2 hours away from my place.

Do you think I should take the course even though I got such headache?
If so, they told me about a course which is 500e,1000,1500 I believe not counting with the times I could fail the levels.

What do you think, should I go for it?

The headache may have been from adrenaline/stress, and maybe some related motion sickness. There is a good chance that won't happen again, or at least it will get better, then eventually stop after you become more comfortable and relaxed. That was my experience.

Being two hours away is what would make me think twice. Will you have the time to go, and stay current?

Many, many people live 2+ hrs away from their DZ. Shouldn't be a problem staying current if the will & desire are there.

So true

I live 30 minute's from a twin O DZ and for numerous execuse's I'm just to busy.

To bad so sad.

R.

I think you should make your own decision, and not ask us what is best for your life.

When you have a parachute malfunction, there won't be anyone there to ask what you should do - you'll have to handle it all by yourself. So start making your own decisions right now.

Meh, Kids :S... WHERE'S THE BOOBIES?!?!

The headache means nothing. Neither does the two hour drive. The headache will either not come back, or go away w/successive jumps. The two hour drive will become nothing more than a minor nuisance.

It was 1 year ago that I did my first tandem, absolutely loved it, apart from a crazy headache.
The company I jumped with is very competent and friendly, but it is 2 hours away from my place.

Do you think I should take the course even though I got such headache?
If so, they told me about a course which is 500e,1000,1500 I believe not counting with the times I could fail the levels.

What do you think, should I go for it?

The headache could very well be a problem and you should talk to a DOCTOR about whether you plan jump or not. Could be a simple inner ear issue or it could be much worse but i'd get checked out by a DOCTOR if it was me.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.