richardw38

Virgin Atlantic Free Rig Transporation

If you’ll be skydiving at your destination, you’re welcome to bring your parachute onto your Virgin Atlantic flight. Note that it will be carried in the hold and not the cabin.

As long as your parachute doesn’t exceed 23kg in weight, you can bring it in addition to your free baggage allowance at no additional charge.

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/gb/en/travel-information/baggage/sports-equipment.html

sorry if its been posted already

How does the baggage handlers of VA compare to the thieves of the other airlines? And what can VA do, if anything, about the TSA bozos to ensure your rig is not lost, stolen or otherwise screwed?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

TSA lifted my Viso2 over the holiday. I really loved using the altimaster I borrowed!

Will NEEEEVERRRRR check my rig, ever.

This is one thing guns are good for.

Travel with one or more and the TSA will close the case with real locks (to which only you are permitted the key) and seal it under your direct supervision.

Nothing in the rules says you can't lock other sporting equipment in the same case.

How does the baggage handlers of VA compare to the thieves of the other airlines? And what can VA do, if anything, about the TSA bozos to ensure your rig is not lost, stolen or otherwise screwed?

I flew to AZ one time with my rig and I didnt get too much hassle from TSA and they let me take in on board as a carry on. That was back in 2005. Are we not allowed to carry it on board anymore? I would not feel comfortable checking it in for fear the handlers would pull the reserve handle.
-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

Are we not allowed to carry it on board anymore? I would not feel comfortable checking it in for fear the handlers would pull the reserve handle.

I have not had any issues taking my rig as carry on.
Even last december/jan Oz to LA to Eloy to LA to OZ no issues anywhere
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?