mobbik

my first pff jump

so I did my level 1 pff over the weekend. :P
I’m a bit disappointed with myself.

Ride up was OK, I wasn’t too nervous until I had to stand in the door, but I managed to do a good check in/out and off we went.
My exit was OK we didn’t roll or any other crazy acrobatics, my arch was ok after few “ARCH!!!” signs, my legs and arms were also good.
But I did fight to breath all the way through free fall and that occupied my mind… I didn’t feel like I have any control because of that. I looked at my alti just so the AFFIs see that im looking, but I didn’t really see how high we were. At pull time i got a "check alti" signal and I looked at alti at 7k / 6.5k, but being use to a normal watch I thought it was 5k, panicked and pulled without wave off… :( plus I did used my ripcord as a throw-out PC so my jump was an extra $25 ;)

Canopy ride was good, I did all checks, landed standing up but…. when I landed I realized I didn’t once look at my alti…. WTF? i listen to the instructions when to turn when to flare, but I dint do all the things I read about… I wanted to look for destination point, see which point is moving up, which down…etc.. just to finally see how it looks, how to look for landing spots…I wanted to try some turns with back risers to see the difference, I wanted to check the height when doing pattern etc… but for some reason I totally forgot about all those thing and only responded to given instructions… :(
I know it was only my first jump, and it was at the end a successful one...but still felt a bit disappointed after I thought about it later on.

Be careful not to demand ideal performance from yourself. I have done that as well and it creates issues of it's own.

Pick one thing you want to improve on and work to improve that on the next jump.

Congratulations on your first jump.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

dont be to self critical I was the same and just finished my aff you will get better with each jump, how cool is this shit you jumping out of a plane.

Ive gone straight into my Bs and upto brel6 with only one fun jump in between. Need to take more time off work.

Sounds a lot like my first jump. I didn't even see the big damn arrow on the ground pointing out wind direction I just listened to the radio and would not pull the toggles past my shoulders. Just remember the things you wanted to do and try to do them the next time. If you forget again no problem there is always another jump. Great job on a stand up landing and successful jump.
Enter Funny thought Here