F364

1 joint = 7 weeks grounded!!

One last point.....everyone enjoy your jumping season. Ours doesn't start for another 27 days....bummer. I have only 15 jumps and I'm addicted already. What an awesome sport we have.

Come on down, brother. Many DZs go year-round down here.

MJ isn't a narcotic, BTW. Although the Pinkies in California's legislature classified it as such, for their own purposes.

Kenny, Can you explain for those of us who don't have a medical background why it isn't.

thanks, lisa.

Sorry, Lisa. I'd just posted up a nice reply to you w/a number of links to sites that explain the differences. Billvon chose to delete it... There was nothing political in it. What a surprise... I'll PM you instead, Lisa.

As I've already stated. The DZO could've approached ALL guilty parties on the side, & laid down his law. It's his place of business. He has every right to do that. He chose to arbitrarily go after only two of several people, & come down on them. Were those two employees at the DZ? We don't know. It's irrelevant, anyway. If the premise is residual THC in their systems for safety. THC will also still be in the other people's systems. Just because they may not be on the payroll. Doesn't mean they wouldn't be a hazard, by his logic. I think his heavy-handedness wasn't cool. I think his only going after two of them definitely wasn't cool.

If you penalize one. You should penalize them all. That's the glaring problem, here. The fact that he could have done this a better way is secondary at this point.

One more time (maybe?)
You don't know what the DZO did or didn't do unless you were there. You don't know that you're getting the full story. And, it doesn't matter.
Medical herb is legal in California. Having a med card won't keep you from getting sent home packing if you're staff at Skydive Elsinore (for example) when you test positive for herb.
Why?
Because it's DZ policy.

As far as only two people being singled out, maybe they're a safety hazard, maybe they're jerks, or maybe more/none of the group were punished, or maybe... maybe a lot of things. It doesn't matter. It's not yours, not mine; it's someone else' DZ and he makes the rules. Since his rules are founded with a legal backbone, it's really none of our business.

Having a med card won't keep you from getting sent home packing if you're staff at Skydive Elsinore

Actually if you have a card you are excluded from having to test. I will give you the example privately if you wish ;) O, and no one is sent packing, you are still welcome to pay $25 and fun jump B|

Hay, you let the cat out of the bag so you should tell the truth. I just don't want anyone thinking they have cups waiting for them at manifest. Shoot if that were the case all there would be left is winsuiters
Love Yaa Spot

Faster, Faster, Faster
Till the Thrill of Speed
Overcomes the Fear of Death

Just curious...
In case of accident and lawsuit, how did it work out in court with the plaintiff's presentation of the jumper's toxicology report?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Just curious...
In case of accident and lawsuit, how did it work out in court with the plaintiff's presentation of the jumper's toxicology report?

In what case?

Yaa, that's what I thought
So, USPA is all about safety, but the whole time I have been jumping, NOT ONCE have I seen the organization bring up a safety issue having to do with the use of Pot. You know why? Because they would loose half their membership and Lodi would be the only DZ on the West Coast.
Faster, Faster, Faster
Till the Thrill of Speed
Overcomes the Fear of Death

>So, USPA is all about safety, but the whole time I have been jumping,
>NOT ONCE have I seen the organization bring up a safety issue having
>to do with the use of Pot.

Incident report:
"Lastly, the toxicology test conducted on the jumper following the accident indicated a positive test result for the presence of marijuana in a concentration strong enough that the lab technician said the jumper was more than likely under the influence of the drug at the time of his accident. Jumping while under the influence of drugs or alcohol has resulted in injuries and fatalities in the past and is prohibited by the FAA and USPA for good reason. Drugs and alcohol can slow reaction times and cause many other adverse reactions that can lead to skydiving injuries and fatalities."

Feb 2012 editorial:
" . . .Regulations aside, most skydivers can agree that the use of illicit drugs or alcohol while jumping has no place in our sport. A few may want to argue that their states of mind or levels of intoxication when they leave the aircraft for a recreational skydive is their business alone, but then some simply like to argue a point. Do jumpers really ignore the added risk to others, as well as to themselves, and jump while under the influence? History suggests that a small number do. The use of drugs or alcohol has played a significant role in some fatalities, as detailed in the subsequent autopsy reports. And at least one USPA Tandem Instructor has had his rating permanently revoked after making a tandem jump under the influence of alcohol, endangering himself and his student.

Recently, a member asked USPA how the Federal Aviation Regulations apply to the use of medical marijuana, now approved in 16 states and the District of Columbia. The U.S. Department of Transportation addressed this same question in 2009, after the U.S. Department of Justice announced that federal law enforcement officers would not pursue those who sell or possess marijuana in clear compliance with state medical marijuana laws. After reviewing the Justice Department's stance, the Transportation Department reiterated that its drug-testing requirements for transportation workers in safety positions (pilots, school bus drivers, truck drivers, train engineers, subway operators and aircraft maintenance personnel, among others) would not change, noting that, "Marijuana remains a drug listed in Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act. It remains unacceptable for any safety sensitive employee... to use marijuana." It is true that neither jump pilots nor skydivers are subject to DOT's drug-testing requirements, but the Federal Aviation Regulations restricting the use of alcohol or drugs by both still apply. Moreover, marijuana use, including medical marijuana, is still a disqualifier for the FAA medical certificate.

USPA Coaches and Instructors work in a potentially dangerous environment, and they need to take every step to keep both the students and themselves as safe as possible. Quick thinking and rapid reflexes are required. Jumping under the influence of drugs or alcohol while training students is irresponsible and is still in violation of the Federal Aviation Regulations."

>You know why? Because they would loose half their membership and
>Lodi would be the only DZ on the West Coast.

I don't think they lost half their membership after those two articles.

Cool, that's the 1st time I have seen that. I thought my state would bring out something. ;):)

'State' or statement? :P

State of medicinal confusion?

Oh wait...that would be California.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Sorry Jim, but your reference doesn't prove your point. Alcohol is far more harmful to the human body. That's a proven fact. Feel free to Google it for yourself.

Irrelevant.

"Bottom line on the Norway thing...it's against the law.

'If ya can't do the time don't do the crime.';)

As I've already stated. The DZO could've approached ALL guilty parties on the side, & laid down his law. It's his place of business. He has every right to do that. He chose to arbitrarily go after only two of several people, & come down on them..

It's not up to you to tell any DZO how to run his/her business.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.