F364

1 joint = 7 weeks grounded!!

"I will agree with you that MJ "probably" doesn't have the same negative effects that alcohol has."

Nothing "Probable" about it. It's a medical fact. Alcohol use does far more harm to the human body. MJ isn't a narcotic, BTW. Although the Pinkies in California's legislature classified it as such, for their own purposes.

"I base what I say on what I have personally witnessed."

Me too. You're a cop? I've been in nursing for >16years.

"By the way, I'm glad to have a good conversation that doesn't degrade into name calling and flaming."

Nah. That's in SC. A main reason I rarely go in there. Those folks love to argue...

What are or aren't the properties of reefer don't matter; it's a DZO's policy, apparently, and with regard to controlled, illegal, or OTC substances, it's his responsibility to make sure his jumpers, packers, and riggers are within the confines of the law.

Just as simple as that, folks.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I don't know him any more than you do, Doug. All I know, is what has been written, here. From that, I deduce that something stinks in Denmark. Or, was it Norway?

The properties, virtues, & pitfalls of MJ do in fact have a place here. One facet of the OP's question deals w/legislative hypocrisy surrounding this drug. Reduced impairment the day after also has a bearing, here.

But, as you like. We know that several peeps toked up at night after the day was through. We know that only two of those jumpers were selected to receive punishment. I think we can both agree that that in itself is grossly unfair. Can we not? If you punish one? You punish them all. He didn't do that. Not only do I question his choice for enforcing his policies. I reject his arbitrary meting out of punishment.

IThe properties, virtues, & pitfalls of MJ do in fact have a place here. One facet of the OP's question deals w/legislative hypocrisy surrounding this drug. Reduced impairment the day after also has a

Nope. All that crap belongs in SC.

We know that only two of those jumpers were selected to receive punishment. I think we can both agree that that in itself is grossly unfair. Can we not? If you punish one? You punish them all. He didn't do that. Not only do I question his choice for enforcing his policies. I reject his arbitrary meting out of punishment.

And we have no clue as to why that was.
Maybe the two were assholes with a bad history and the others weren't. Doesn't matter.

In the big scheme of things in real life, IMO, crying about what others got, or didn't get, has no bearing on what I got.

It all sounds kind of childish to me.

"Waaa! I got spanked and he only got talked to! It isn't fair,! HE should have got spanked too!"
Not my particular approach to life anyway.

So, I got screwed. I'm happy that my friends didn't get screwed.
YMMV

MJ isn't a narcotic, BTW. Although the Pinkies in California's legislature classified it as such, for their own purposes.

Kenny, Can you explain for those of us who don't have a medical background why it isn't.

thanks, lisa.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

As a PO here in Canada, I can tell you that I have been to many scenes where dealers have had a transaction gone bad and the result has been a body in the ditch that we have to deal with.

I wonder if those people would have died if it had been a legal transaction? O then you wouldn't have a job either

Just saying
Faster, Faster, Faster
Till the Thrill of Speed
Overcomes the Fear of Death

You're right, if MJ was legal, the drug related deaths would surely drop. About my job, hypothetically if I was given the opportunity to rid society of drugs and the only requirement was for me to lose my job.....believe me or not, I would quit.

I have seen too many people who's lives have been destroyed by using drugs. It makes me quite sad to deal with people and watching the changes they go though. One last point, not every supplier out there is morally sound. I have seen samples of MJ that had been soaked in PCP. The user doesn't know this until they pay the price of being under the influence of PCP. It can and does happen.

Regardless of what you do.....be safe.

"I will agree with you that MJ "probably" doesn't have the same negative effects that alcohol has."

Nothing "Probable" about it. It's a medical fact. Alcohol use does far more harm to the human body. MJ isn't a narcotic, BTW. Although the Pinkies in California's legislature classified it as such, for their own purposes.

"I base what I say on what I have personally witnessed."

Me too. You're a cop? I've been in nursing for >16years.

"By the way, I'm glad to have a good conversation that doesn't degrade into name calling and flaming."

Nah. That's in SC. A main reason I rarely go in there. Those folks love to argue...

~it ain't really 'good' for ya though.
http://norml.org/library/health-reports/item/norml-s-marijuana-health-mythology#2

The thing is, saying booze is MORE harmful is like sayin' I'd rather lose an eye than an arm. :ph34r:

IF ya want to use either every day, ya just may have a problem.

Bottom line on the Norway thing...it's against the law.

'If ya can't do the time don't do the crime.' ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

i cant really imagine a "transaction gone bad" ending in death and destruction over MJ!?

and for MJ soaked in PCP? that's so laughable, i dont even know what to respond to other than "hey, it's FREE drugs; sign me up!"

:D:D:D

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Yaa, back in the 80s we would do that, but it kinda died out cause you would get really F'd Up and pass out and loose a whole day. You couldn't function at all. I doubt you would even be able to get on a plane so it's not even relevant on tis thread
Faster, Faster, Faster
Till the Thrill of Speed
Overcomes the Fear of Death

Wrong. Don't cite only part of my quote:

Why not? It's what you wrote and what I responded to.
Again, debating the effects of drugs belongs elsewhere.

Debating the actions of the DZO probably belongs here.

Calling it "Crap" only shows your bias.

Yep, you are reading my "bias" correctly.
Are you suggesting that YOUR bias is how I should align my thinking and how I should live my life?
Meh, don't hold your breath (unless you are inhaling).

You have either been living under a rock, simply don't know any better or are commenting just to try and take part in this conversation.

You're right, how could violence come about when there is a 300lb deal being made. Small potatoes really. Not to mention the fact that other folks will target dealers because they almost always have a large supply of cash at hand.

As far as the PCP (also known as "wet") it may not happen where you are but I assure you it's not that uncommon up here. These people are not morally sound people. They will do anything to maximize profits. An example would be with 5 deaths we had about 2 months ago. Ecstasy related incident, another drug that is looked at as harmless. The manufacturer of this particular batch cut it with rat poison to make the supply go further than it would if it was clean. These are not good people, they don't care about you unless you're a customer.

Save for specific areas, MJ is illegal. Using it while exercising discretion does not change that fact. All of my babbling so far has been to make one simple point. Do the right thing even when nobody is looking.

Here's my bias...
Anything in moderation is not going to kill you and to each his own! However, where sky diving is concerned, my personal expectation is that if you get in the airplane with me, do so sober.

This DZO is probably connected to the community. He has a reputation to maintain. Openly smoking a fatty on the DZ (even after hours) is bad for this DZO! Period! Anyone who does anything to bring negative attention to this business owner is being disrespectful. What Twardo said, "If you can't do the time"... don't get caught.B|

Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

Agreed, there are many nasty, dangerous drugs out there nowadays. MJ isn't one of them. I hope you don't equate Pot w/Meth., Crack, Heroin, Ecstasy, PCP, etc...? They're not in the same league.

Dealers in Canada are selling baggies laced w/PCP for the same price? I seriously doubt that. They may have crossed baggies in error a few times. It usually costs more to get wet. PCP is a second drug they would surely charge for. The dirty drug biz is profit-driven, after all.

You're kidding right, Jim? Did you read the site you're using to defend that with? They're not even close in potential damages. Smoking reef can cause a few different types of cancers. That risk can be mitigated by a few different ways. That's it. Alcohol, on the other hand. Has been proven to be toxic to virtually every organ system in the body. The list of damages known to be caused by alcohol is very long. Spend a few minutes Googling the toxic effects of alcohol. Then, come on back to me.

I like ya, Gramps. You're just a little batty on this one :P.

Wrong. Don't cite only part of my quote:

Why not? It's what you wrote and what I responded to.
Again, debating the effects of drugs belongs elsewhere. Wrong again. Debating the politics of this belongs elsewhere. The effects of the drug are quite germane to the conversation.

Debating the actions of the DZO probably belongs here.His actions definitely belong here.

Calling it "Crap" only shows your bias.

Yep, you are reading my "bias" correctly.
Are you suggesting that YOUR bias is how I should align my thinking and how I should live my life?
Meh, don't hold your breath (unless you are inhaling).I'm supporting my position w/verifiable facts. People here can make up their own minds about it. That's a part of a useful discourse on the subject. Your chiming in at the eleventh hour w/a few crass remarks serves no one any good. Except for you that is. It's obvious how much you enjoy that sort of thing...

MJ isn't a narcotic, BTW. Although the Pinkies in California's legislature classified it as such, for their own purposes.

Kenny, Can you explain for those of us who don't have a medical background why it isn't.

thanks, lisa.

Hey Lisa,

My PDR doesn't cover illegal drugs. There's a mountain of legal BS surrounding Marijuana, as well. I searched for some links to try & make sense of it for you. As you skim through the sites provided. Try to keep in mind the profit motive for classifying MJ as a Schedule 1 drug... The War on Drugs is very profitable for LE. Because of this. MJ has been classified as a Narc by legal sources, not medical. Medically speaking, Opioids are narcotics. MJ is not a narcotic.

http://www.acde.org/common/Marijana.htm

http://www.health.qld.gov.au/atod/drug_info/illicit_drugs.asp

http://www.pdrhealth.com/info/v1usrx/narcotic

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/narcotic

Sorry Jim, but your reference doesn't prove your point. Alcohol is far more harmful to the human body. That's a proven fact. Feel free to Google it for yourself.

"Bottom line on the Norway thing...it's against the law.

'If ya can't do the time don't do the crime.';)

As I've already stated. The DZO could've approached ALL guilty parties on the side, & laid down his law. It's his place of business. He has every right to do that. He chose to arbitrarily go after only two of several people, & come down on them. Were those two employees at the DZ? We don't know. It's irrelevant, anyway. If the premise is residual THC in their systems for safety. THC will also still be in the other people's systems. Just because they may not be on the payroll. Doesn't mean they wouldn't be a hazard, by his logic. I think his heavy-handedness wasn't cool. I think his only going after two of them definitely wasn't cool.

If you penalize one. You should penalize them all. That's the glaring problem, here. The fact that he could have done this a better way is secondary at this point.