F364

1 joint = 7 weeks grounded!!

>First off, is MJ legal in Norway? If it is then the grounding is inappropriate.

Alcohol is legal here. But still, if someone brings beer onto a DZ against the owner's wishes, they might just find themselves not welcome there any more.

>If it is not legal, the DZO has the absolute right to restrict it's usage on
>his property.

And if it IS legal he has that right too. A DZO can absolutely say "no beer on my DZ."

Oh, I get what you are saying, and yes the DZO can restrict what he pleases on his property. I was making an unfair comparison of legal booze and legal MJ. He could also ban sex and purple underwear, too. ;) As with anything, enforcing it is another issue.

eta: I got the ration from the part of the post I didn't expect. :$

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Oh, I get what you are saying, and yes the DZO can restrict what he pleases on his property. I was making an unfair comparison of legal booze and legal MJ. He could also ban sex and purple underwear, too. ;) As with anything, enforcing it is another issue.

eta: I got the ration from the part of the post I didn't expect. :$

Penalty Bong Hit! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

and purple underwear, too. [;)t. :$

WTF who would do such a thing.
Purple undies are freaking COOLB|>:(

I would never jump at a place that would ban purple undies.
and I am SERIOUS>:(

As to the OP well if ya kill your brain cells and someon says you cant play in their yard, so sad to bad.
Don't do the crime if you cant do the time.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Interesting that purple unmentionables rate a mad face, but banning sex didn't even register. :P

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Interesting that purple unmentionables rate a mad face, but banning sex didn't even register. :P

My wife and i have been together 24 years WTF is sex?:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Killed from the effects of marijuana: “None”

While I have nothing against the recreation use of pot, your statement doesn't hold water - bong or otherwise.

Potheads often do stupid shit and most I know will admit it. To say no one has ever died mindlessly driving through a red light while jamming to Dark Side of the Moon or some other similar screw up is simply disingenuous.

Even in skydiving there have been fatalities in which tests proved marijuana use within a short time before the incident. Could it be that the jumper would have made the same errors if straight. Of course, but the same could be said for a guy that blows DWI after a crash.

I have no opinion on the OP's post as I don't know anything about the legal system in Norway. I just wasn't going to let a blatantly incorrect statement go uncontested.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

I just wasn't going to let a blatantly incorrect statement go uncontested.

From You, I wouldn’t expect anything Less;)

Care to address my reply to your unsubstantiated claim?

Probably not, but I wouldn't expect anything less.;)

Silly boy. Take another hit, and then pass it.:o
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Reminds me of the time before I was 21 when I gave the cop jumper at the DZ a $20 bill and asked him to buy a case for the dropzone....yeaaaaa that didnt fly well :$

Well that guy might have been a good cop, but clearly he wasn't much of a skydiver.;)
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Reminds me of the time before I was 21 when I gave the cop jumper at the DZ a $20 bill and asked him to buy a case for the dropzone....yeaaaaa that didnt fly well :$

Should have included another sawbuck for the 'donut tax' of making the run! B|

Care to address my reply to your unsubstantiated claim?

Nope

Silly boy. Take another hit, and then pass it BACK you mean

So back to the original post, What’s your take Chuck?

Sorry, Adam. If you won't support your position when challenged, I feel no need to continue a conversation with you.

I'll gladly play forum games, just not irreverent ones.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Killed from the effects of marijuana: “None”

Wrong!

Chicago Tribune, September 12, 2002

A skydiving instructor who died in July while attempting to land on a pond at Skydive Chicago in Ottawa was seriously impaired by smoking marijuana within two hours of his death, according to a toxicology report released Wednesday.

The report was made public an at inquest conducted by LaSalle County Coroner Jody Bernard into the death of Ronald Passmore Jr., 33, who died July 14 when he slammed chest first into the pond at the jump zone and died of a severed aorta. A coroner's jury declared the death accidental.

He was the second instructor to die there this year and the second fatality since July 2001 in which drugs were found in the victim's system.

The toxicology report, prepared by St. Louis University Hospital laboratory officials, showed Passmore's blood had a cannabis level about double that at which a person is considered impaired, according to laboratory director Dr. Christopher Long.

"This (level in Passmore's blood) demonstrates relatively acute smoking within the last couple of hours before his death," said Long. This is serious impairment due to marijuana--cannabis--that would affect everything you could possibly use to skydive, particularly reaction time and depth perception."

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

My understanding is that when people say 'nobody has ever been killed because of MJ' is that they mean that it hasn't killed anyone due to its toxicity not that it hasn't caused impairment in someone after which they've then done something stupid to get themselves killed.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

My understanding is that when people say 'nobody has ever been killed because of MJ' is that they mean that it hasn't killed anyone due to its toxicity not that it hasn't caused impairment in someone after which they've then done something stupid to get themselves killed.

Guns POT don't kill people...people kill people.

There are only a few Norwegian DZ's open now so guessing which one it is should not be a problem. B|

Today my biggest concern in skydiving is being taken out by a hotshot in a small canopy. I dont want to go to a DZ where the hotshots might be potheads as well.

There are only a few Norwegian DZ's open now so guessing which one it is should not be a problem. B|

Today my biggest concern in skydiving is being taken out by a hotshot in a small canopy. I dont want to go to a DZ where the hotshots might be potheads as well.

How about drop zones where they're hung over from a few too many beers the night before?

Same applies. I would not enjoy being taken out by a guy with a hang over either. If I got injured by a guy with alcohol or drugs in his blood I would not be happy about it. I think that is fair.

I have been around DZ's for 40 years so I am not unaware of what goes on. I have even done it myself. but nowdays the margin for error is greatly reduced with high speed skydiving and high speed canopy flight.

2 young fun jumpers on a Norway DZ are today grounded for 7 weeks for allegedly smoking a joint last night.

That's nothing. In Sweden they would have been suspended for two years if the rules are followed.