robbobsam

Brit wanting to Work in the USA as an Instructor.

I am new to skydiving and have passed my AFF course, I love it and am now working on increasing my jumps numbers with the intention of training to become an instructor. I have noticed in the employment section vacancies all over the USA for instructors and was wondering.... Is it possible for a Brit to get a visa to legally work in the USA as a parachuting instructor ???

If any of you guys have experience of this I would be grateful for your feedback.

Thank you.
"A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the crowd"

I would have made a clicky but it's a pain with my iPad..... I think I would start here if I was you:

http://london.usembassy.gov/visas.html

I think it might be just as easy to get a green card but honestly I can't say I have any experience with this stuff.

Good luck man

it's bloody hard to get a straight answer here isnt it. Everyone is so quick to tell you what not to do, but they rarely answer the initial question:D:D:D:D

I think at 4 jumps he is already well aware of the road ahead. There is nothing at all wrong with dreaming and planning for a possible future.
Also given the difficulties in getting a working visa or green card in the states it actually IS something that requires a reasonable amount of prior planning.

To the OP i dont know the requirements for POMS, but as an Aussie we can only get a Sponsored Visa, or try for the "Green Cards Lottery".
Your best and first path would be with the US consulate in your country or there USA Immigration website.

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?