Melissa126

Skydiving Quotes

To an AFF student on the ride up "Level 7 huh? Have they packed your malfunction yet? You know you have to have atleast one before you graduate? Have a nice jump."

"Are you nervous yet? You should be"

Pilot turns and "WE JUST LOST THE LEFT ENGINE" Tandem Instructor quickly hooking up, Tandem student: "Ok, enough is enough, lets lay off with the jokes" Tandem Instructor turns students head to window, where the prop sits still. Tandem student: "LETS GO, LETS GO" as he drags his instructor down the bench.
This was funny enough that I had to laugh, even while getting a very nervouse AFF student to the door.

with 40 some odd jumps: "Hey man, the S&TA just said C and D license only in this wind, you think you could get him to let that slide for me?"

@ 28,000 feet, Pilot with o2 mask off and in his hand, "I'M FEELING DIZZY"

When asked why he wanted to be a coach, the new candidate replied to me "well, I know you will still get to the girls before I do, but at least I will be next in line"

"You got any questions?......Good, because I didn't have any answers"

"I knew it was pull time..I just didn't want it to be over yet"

"There might be a better way to kill yourself, but I can't think of one right now" ~G.D. Williams

On my :D freefall my Instructor gets finished spotting, looks to me and says:

"Well...if the good lord was ever lookin' for a good time to take a shit on you...this would be it!" :o:ph34r:

Surprising coming from one of the Wright brothers:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Skydiver to pilot right after the engine quit: "Hang in there, man. I'm going for help."

"I know the minimum pull altitude here is 2500 feet, but if I'm below 2500, I'm pulling - rule or no rule."
You don't have to outrun the bear.

Another reason to pull low, don't hafta worry about the problem as long.

-Bolas
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I was teaching a female student cut-away procedures back in the ole shot & 1/2 days...she says, "What if I don't do that, I just had my nails done?"

I replied, "You'll have the prettiest hands at the funeral parlor!"

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

There I was, no shit. Thought I was gonna die...

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

From a low timer after asking about the wind conditions (which caused most of the experienced skydivers to stay down) and getting the whole speech with anecdotes, testimonials... the whole "I think you'd better stay down" approach:
"Ok, thanks. I'll just make this my last one today then."

Yep. Quite possibly.