gato_fly

1st line twist

Feel free to burn me up now pops :P

OK....nowhere did you mention checking your altitude while trying to fix the twists.

How's that?

May I suggest that if you are having repeated line twists that there is something going on? Probably something that you could change and eliminate the problem?

I'm not so new that I haven't seen someone cut away because of severe line twists

My first cutaway on a square was severe line twists.[:/]

We had a guy here this past weekend who had his first cutaway ever....after over 13,000 jumps. Yes, you read that correctly. I believe it was line twists IIRC.

Things seem to always happen at the most inopportune times.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Feel free to burn me up now pops :P

OK....nowhere did you mention checking your altitude while trying to fix the twists.

How's that?

May I suggest that if you are having repeated line twists that there is something going on? Probably something that you could change and eliminate the problem?

I'm not so new that I haven't seen someone cut away because of severe line twists

My first cutaway on a square was severe line twists.[:/]

We had a guy here this past weekend who had his first cutaway ever....after over 13,000 jumps. Yes, you read that correctly. I believe it was line twists IIRC.

Things seem to always happen at the most inopportune times.

haha... yeah nice point. I was at 4500 when I pitched so not super low really.

These were all different parachutes too, rentals. The one with crazy twists was a Spectre 190 which I thought was unexpected and it was totally smooth every other jump, unlike the Sabre 2's that seemed a little temperamental to me to be honest. I guess the packer got in a hurry on that one.

Yep, that makes sense too. I know what pops is getting at but I'm not really having a line twist problem. Out of my 70 jumps I've had like 4 or 5 with line twists and I don't think that's too far above average.

I do know if I go down a size sometime soon I'll be a lot more cautious and quick to assess and fix the situation if at all possible. That's what I was getting at.

I know what pops is getting at...

And here I thought I was being a sly old dog...
[:/]:D

Out of my 70 jumps I've had like 4 or 5 with line twists and I don't think that's too far above average.

It IS above average in my personal performance and observational experience.

Yes, body position IS a key and there are other things you can do to minimize. There are things you can do at deployment time but I'll leave that to your local boys to point them out. I wouldn't feel comfortable trying to describe it online, you then go try it and then having a problem. It would be better for your local people to demonstrate visually along with the explanation.

I have one more question:
Are you smiling while kicking?
:)
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239