JohnnyMarko

Zanggggg! (Low CReW downplane)

And, back then, none of us had retractable Pilot Chutes Some friends got thier PC's tangled while turning a side by side into a down plane low. Imagine trying to land your canopy with your Pilot Chute wrapped around your friends PC.

Not so sure about that, we'd sorted out the gear issues pretty much before downplanes became common (at least in NZ anyway because there was a lot of interaction amongst jumpers).

If you want top go back a bit further till the time people began experimenting with CRW (late 70's, then we really didn't have clue....

No cross porting, V bridles, hot dog pilot chutes, fully cascaded lines, incompatible canopies, top docking, no hook knives, motorbike helmets, snag points all over the gear, docking below hard decks,.....

Looking back now its a miracle we almost got away without major injuries or fatalities, saw some pretty scary wraps though....

CRW was invented on the run. Ignorance really was bliss....trial and (lots of) error.

But no one knew how to do a downplane way back then....
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....