Scrumpot

More SkyRide complete and total, utter CRAP!!

It's right down the road from the new CSC and also the DZ that I manage. They are a pain in the ass. We have already lost customers to their deceptive marketing.

This statement really shows why everyone is a hater. They took your customers, ok, got it but deceptive? How so? Beloit is right down the road from East Troy, if they really were "your" customers then how the fuck were you pulling them to you?

I plan on still jumping at East Troy when I go visit family because I really enjoy your DZ, I also plan on jumping in Beloit too. Here is a tip: If you want to put them out of business and they are so close to you? Stop whinning, do better, simple as that. That's how it works in this country.

Hope to see you in June, lets jump :)

Yes, deceptive, the web advertising and "cyber squating" goes on even with out a DZ nearby, and even after they leave. They are not an honest corporation, you can keep looking the other way, but now several States AG's as well as Federal, are looking closer. You do yourself a discredit, you're a better person than that, aren't you?

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

It's right down the road from the new CSC and also the DZ that I manage. They are a pain in the ass. We have already lost customers to their deceptive marketing.

This statement really shows why everyone is a hater. They took your customers, ok, got it but deceptive? How so? Beloit is right down the road from East Troy, if they really were "your" customers then how the fuck were you pulling them to you?

I plan on still jumping at East Troy when I go visit family because I really enjoy your DZ, I also plan on jumping in Beloit too. Here is a tip: If you want to put them out of business and they are so close to you? Stop whinning, do better, simple as that. That's how it works in this country.

I'm a hater because skyride advertises for skydiving in the small town my DZ is in. That they offer skydiving there. We have a long standing reputation, but new customers get confused because they buy a gift certificate to "Skydive East Troy" or some close variant to find out that they just booked at another dz. It's not what they want, but they are stuck and have the certificate. That to me is deceptive.

I'm not whining, but it does suck. Imagine if someone was able to set up shop sort of claiming to be you and took your rigging customers. All we can really do about it is provide good customer service, do our best to keep our customers and potential customers informed and move on. Doesn't mean I am gonna support their efforts.

See you soon!
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I'm a hater because skyride advertises for skydiving in the small town my DZ is in. That they offer skydiving there. We have a long standing reputation, but new customers get confused because they buy a gift certificate to "Skydive East Troy" or some close variant to find out that they just booked at another dz. It's not what they want, but they are stuck and have the certificate. That to me is deceptive.

I'm not whining, but it does suck. Imagine if someone was able to set up shop sort of claiming to be you and took your rigging customers. All we can really do about it is provide good customer service, do our best to keep our customers and potential customers informed and move on. Doesn't mean I am gonna support their efforts.

See you soon!

And do like several other DZ are now doing and speak to your State Attorney General.
False Advertising laws are already on the books, it need not be web specific.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

See you soon!

Also, get your DZ's websites geared to pull in more traffic so you have a fighting chance against the Skyride sites... jumpdude has all the info on how to do it.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

So if I get this correctly, everyone's problem is the deceptive websites?
Are there any laws being broken here? If so take action and do something about it! But from a marketing aspect can't anyone legally post as many websites on the web as they like? Yea it might suck for u that they take away your potential customers. But in a fair world should all Burger kings be shut down who are in close proximity to a McDonald's? Well maybe McDonald's thinks so but this is America right?

Are there any laws being broken here?

Yes there are.

http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2012/03/12/10-16099.pdf

http://www.georgia.gov/vgn/images/portal/cit_1210/3/12/869420861800SkyRide.pdf

"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Check our DZ's page (link follows this post) to see if your DZ is on it, if it's not, please PM me the details for your DZ and I will add it ASAP. The link from that page page will be another link that will help get your DZ's site ahead of sLyride's sites. And sign up for http://www.trafficspun.com and get as many links as you possibly can from other sites to link to your site.

The DZ's page is www.1800skyrideripoff.com/dzs

Same goes for ALL NON sLyride DZO's. Check it out guys, it's for the good of your DZ.
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Are there any laws being broken here?

Yes there are.

http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2012/03/12/10-16099.pdf

http://www.georgia.gov/vgn/images/portal/cit_1210/3/12/869420861800SkyRide.pdf

You forgot one!;)
http://www.state.tn.us/sos/acts/105/pub/pc0873.pdf
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Well i have an idea that might fix the google search thing.

Google uses 2 main components in its search algorithm.

1) how many other sites link your site...
I am sure that skyride uses this to the max, making it very popular on google. If every true dropzone website listed links to other real US drop zones maybe we could fix this.

2) Number of clicks...
Well because skyride has so many sites that it gets clicks and people redirected all over the place, i am sure this is also the reason they are at the top of the search. You can pay google a fee (how google makes 90% of its money) and it will place your company up in the top of the page. Each time someone click on your link you are billed a small amount.

Anyway just some ideas...

Hey, Jon -

Not quite. There are lots of variables that determine who's at the top of a Google organic search results page, but number of clicks isn't one of them.

As a dropzone, your best bets are to:

1 - Build legitimate backlinks, in a non-spammy way. (Jumpdude, the sites you mentioned have worked in the past, but have started getting penalized by Google lately.) You need people to link to your site with the correct anchor text, and you need the backlinking sites to be relevant, high pagerank sites.

Doing a link exchange by adding links to other dropzones from a "check out these other dropzones" page on your site is an excellent idea - Jon, you're spot-on, there.

2 - Have optimized, fresh content on your site. Do your research, target the keywords you're after, and use them appropriately (but not overly so - again, Google and other search engines penalize the spammy use of keyword stuffing). Start a blog as a component of your site, if you can find the time, and regularly add new content (again, targeting specific keywords).

3 - If you can justify the cost, move forward on paid search/pay-par-click advertising. This means you want your site to look as slick as possible, and give them an option to go ahead and book online, so that when you pay for a click for someone to visit your site, you convert them to a sale. Unfortunately, Skyride sites still tend to look better than most dropzone websites out there, so they hold the edge in converting people looking for a dropzone into paid customers.

4 - Get your DZ an updated profile in various online directories. Make sure your Google page is up to date. Add yourself to Yellowpages.com, Yelp, and other local review sites. Solicit people to give you reviews (REAL reviews) when they come to your DZ. Optimize each directory site for keywords, just like you would your website.

-----

There are lots of other nuts-and-bolts of SEO, but those are your basic, key things that someone can easily do to help their sites rank better.

Anyway, not trying to split hairs - just want people who are trying to optimize their sites to not go about wasting their time on the wrong things. Clicks mean nothing - it's your site being optimized for search engines that makes a difference.

KC
(Content Marketing & SEO since 2004)
Signatures are the new black.

Well i have an idea that might fix the google search thing.

Google uses 2 main components in its search algorithm.

1) how many other sites link your site...
I am sure that skyride uses this to the max, making it very popular on google. If every true dropzone website listed links to other real US drop zones maybe we could fix this.

2) Number of clicks...
Well because skyride has so many sites that it gets clicks and people redirected all over the place, i am sure this is also the reason they are at the top of the search. You can pay google a fee (how google makes 90% of its money) and it will place your company up in the top of the page. Each time someone click on your link you are billed a small amount.

Anyway just some ideas...

Hey, Jon -

Not quite. There are lots of variables that determine who's at the top of a Google organic search results page, but number of clicks isn't one of them.

As a dropzone, your best bets are to:

1 - Build legitimate backlinks, in a non-spammy way. (Jumpdude, the sites you mentioned have worked in the past, but have started getting penalized by Google lately.) You need people to link to your site with the correct anchor text, and you need the backlinking sites to be relevant, high pagerank sites.

You are right in a couple of areas, In link trading, it's imperative that you do ABCD links. A lot of webmasters/site owners do AB-BA and ABC links, These are a huge no no! The links cross paths, in an ABCD link trade, the links never cross, ie,
Site B links to site B and Site C links to site D, So they never cross paths,
In and ABC trade, site A links to site B which links to site C, They still don't cross paths, but you have to have a lot more sites to work with to prevent the search engines from picking up on the pattern.
AB-BA trades are the worse, Site A to Site B and B back to A, Nothing accomplished.
If you really wanna see how many sites link to a certain site, and get the comprehensive info about the links, download the free version of SEO Spyglass and run an analysis of the site you want to know about.

Doing a link exchange by adding links to other dropzones from a "check out these other dropzones" page on your site is an excellent idea - Jon, you're spot-on, there.

I agree!

2 - Have optimized, fresh content on your site. Do your research, target the keywords you're after, and use them appropriately (but not overly so - again, Google and other search engines penalize the spammy use of keyword stuffing). Start a blog as a component of your site, if you can find the time, and regularly add new content (again, targeting specific keywords).

As for keyword stuffing, You are 100% correct, I believe the max acceptable keyword usage is like 4 or 5%
I suggest to maybe get some of the jumpers who like to write blogs (and are good at it) and have them go in each week, at least a couple of days a week, or more, and do it like a story of their life and times at the DZ. Sounds cheezy, but after all, we are marketing to Wuffos, not skydivers and the point is to get them excited and spend their money with your REAL DZ rather than sLyride's fake ass websites!

3 - If you can justify the cost, move forward on paid search/pay-par-click advertising. This means you want your site to look as slick as possible, and give them an option to go ahead and book online, so that when you pay for a click for someone to visit your site, you convert them to a sale. Unfortunately, Skyride sites still tend to look better than most dropzone websites out there, so they hold the edge in converting people looking for a dropzone into paid customers.

Just be careful not to let the CPC (cost per click) get too high.

4 - Get your DZ an updated profile in various online directories. Make sure your Google page is up to date. Add yourself to Yellowpages.com, Yelp, and other local review sites. Solicit people to give you reviews (REAL reviews) when they come to your DZ. Optimize each directory site for keywords, just like you would your website.

DEFINITELY do directory listings and profiles. Also, get links from high Page Rank sites like Facebook, DMOZ, Yahoo, Google and so on and so forth. If your jumpers don't have a site for their business or whatever that they use in their Facebook profiles, add the link as their website.
Anyway, just a few thoughts.

-----

There are lots of other nuts-and-bolts of SEO, but those are your basic, key things that someone can easily do to help their sites rank better.

Anyway, not trying to split hairs - just want people who are trying to optimize their sites to not go about wasting their time on the wrong things. Clicks mean nothing - it's your site being optimized for search engines that makes a difference.

KC
(Content Marketing & SEO since 2004)

Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org