Scrumpot

More SkyRide complete and total, utter CRAP!!

So today I decide to do a good old standard google search on one of my local DZ's here - just to see if any of our recent students may be posting up anything, and what's being said - but instead, I end up redirected to MULTIPLE fake location sites, "impersonating" instead, the one(s) I was looking for.

For instance, google skydiving in Pittsburgh, or Skydive Pittsburgh - what REALLY comes up? - "Make your reservation to skydive now near Pittsburgh at: 800-493-JUMP. ...SKYRIDE!!!

Not only that (nothing wrong really, yet, right?) - actually click through to ANY of the sites (all redirected to "Skydive Philadelphia" ...oh yeah, real close to Pitt, right?), and take a look at their "testimonials"....

"Hello everyone. I took my AFF here and I had a real good time. The instructors were friendly and helpful. These guys know what thie doing. THANKS!
- Eddie Bourdonnay"

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Eddie+Bourdonnay

I mean really? ...How many DZ's can this Eddie Bourdonnay have actually made his 1st jump actually from??? - I dunno. I lost count! :S

This is truly the kind of SH** that gives all of us a bad name!! Sure, advertise. Metatag to draw from multiple geographic locations too, all you like - but c'mon now Skyride, please ...this is RIDICULOUS!! >:( [:/]
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

Love it when the stoopid webmaster forgets to edit out the actual location in the testimonial when it is uploaded as a different dz location.

"I jumped at Skydive Georgia and that is why you should jump at Skydive Philadelphia."

Makes sense to me.:S

50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Don't feel bad. We've got the joy of one of their "real" drop zones opening up right down the road from two great and long established drop zones in the area. :Shttp://www.greatlakesskydiving.com// They claimed they were opening a month ago but never did. I guess they finally coughed up a 182 to jump from and claim to be getting a king air or caravan soon. The disappointing part is the jumpers that are aware that this is a slyride DZ, have explained to them the crap that slyride has done, and are still more than happy to anticipate going and giving this sh*thole their money and referrals for tandems. Should be interesting, apparently they will also be running hang glider ops from this same airport. NO conflict of airspace there. [:/]

Them fuckers are opening (or opened) a DZ in your area? All I can say is to work your asses off to get your DZ's website above theirs and keep it there, and get multiple domains with lots of pages for the sole purpose of pushing them off the first 2 or 3 pages of the searches!

(have your DZO PM me for a couple of site wide links to his/her sites to help stay ahead););)

Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Hey Chris! ...Don't know if that was directed at me individually, but if so - I think my posting record - although maybe not quite as prolific as some on the subject, none-the-less, still speaks for itself. I have "taken these guys to task" in the past - long before they were anywhere even near previously, in my own (as they are yes clearly with this now) in my own back yard.

FWIW

Don't feel bad. We've got the joy of one of their "real" drop zones opening up right down the road from two great and long established drop zones in the area. :Shttp://www.greatlakesskydiving.com// They claimed they were opening a month ago but never did.

But wait a minute... Eddie has also done a 1st jump / 1st jump course also there too! :S

apparently they will also be running hang glider ops from this same airport. NO conflict of airspace there.

:S

While most everything you posted was spot on, this last statement, is, well, way the fuck off in left field and stinks of the tin foil hat posse or one of those asshats who fills airport boards and tries to keep out approved aviation activities. If your a jumper you owe it to your sport to understand airspace classes and the rules of play in those classes.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Them fuckers are opening (or opened) a DZ in your area? All I can say is to work your asses off to get your DZ's website above theirs and keep it there, and get multiple domains with lots of pages for the sole purpose of pushing them off the first 2 or 3 pages of the searches!

(have your DZO PM me for a couple of site wide links to his/her sites to help stay ahead););)

Yes they are opening a midwest DZ. I have seen thier ads for a kingair pilot, so that's what I suspect they have access to. It's right down the road from the new CSC and also the DZ that I manage. They are a pain in the ass. We have already lost customers to their deceptive marketing.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Well i have an idea that might fix the google search thing.

Google uses 2 main components in its search algorithm.

1) how many other sites link your site...
I am sure that skyride uses this to the max, making it very popular on google. If every true dropzone website listed links to other real US drop zones maybe we could fix this.

2) Number of clicks...
Well because skyride has so many sites that it gets clicks and people redirected all over the place, i am sure this is also the reason they are at the top of the search. You can pay google a fee (how google makes 90% of its money) and it will place your company up in the top of the page. Each time someone click on your link you are billed a small amount.

Anyway just some ideas...
Cheers

Jon W

It is interesting how in so many ways, they just don't seem to have a clue... yet somehow too, they still seem to survive. Pittsburgh and Philadelphia could not be any 2 more diametrically opposed cities to one another. And also, absolutely NOWHERE by anybodies stretch - even "near" each other either. I find it highly "interesting" however, that if one searches for skydiving in Pittsburgh (or any of its relative variants) - the most prominent results displayed, lead to at least one (or more) of SLyRide's deceptive "Skydive Pittsburgh" sites or ads, which then only further redirects you to "book your skydive at Skydive Pittsburgh" (or "NEAR" Pittsburgh in another case) - - - but only upon (much) closer/deeper investigation, you find (or in the case of a whuffo - you DON'T, because you don't know any better!) - the actual booking will end up at their own dropzone - just outside of... PHILADELPHIA!!

I know this is all nothing new to many of us in here, but again... REALLY??? :S

C'mon now. How is this good, for ANYBODY?

And when us rednecks were trying to warn everyone 10 yrs ago everyone thought it was just our problem.[:/]

In addition to this, several years ago I warned that sooner or later they would be opening DZs right down the street from existing DZs. But the stupid DZOs continued to do business with them.

And when us rednecks were trying to warn everyone 10 yrs ago everyone thought it was just our problem.[:/]

I will never forget that! and when they started showing up in "their" back yards, and "they" started to complain, I would just laugh.

J
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Yes they are opening a midwest DZ. I have seen thier ads for a kingair pilot, so that's what I suspect they have access to. It's right down the road from the new CSC and also the DZ that I manage. They are a pain in the ass. We have already lost customers to their deceptive marketing.

I have flown into Beloit before, and it is one of the prettiest little airports to be found anywhere. It's a shame that a bunch of con-artists are going to be setting up shop there. I wonder what the Beloit airport management knows of Skyride's business model?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

It's right down the road from the new CSC and also the DZ that I manage. They are a pain in the ass. We have already lost customers to their deceptive marketing.

This statement really shows why everyone is a hater. They took your customers, ok, got it but deceptive? How so? Beloit is right down the road from East Troy, if they really were "your" customers then how the fuck were you pulling them to you?

I plan on still jumping at East Troy when I go visit family because I really enjoy your DZ, I also plan on jumping in Beloit too. Here is a tip: If you want to put them out of business and they are so close to you? Stop whinning, do better, simple as that. That's how it works in this country.

Hope to see you in June, lets jump :)

So today I decide to do a good old standard google search on one of my local DZ's here - just to see if any of our recent students may be posting up anything, and what's being said - but instead, I end up redirected to MULTIPLE fake location sites, "impersonating" instead, the one(s) I was looking for.

For instance, google skydiving in Pittsburgh, or Skydive Pittsburgh - what REALLY comes up? - "Make your reservation to skydive now near Pittsburgh at: 800-493-JUMP. ...SKYRIDE!!!

Not only that (nothing wrong really, yet, right?) - actually click through to ANY of the sites (all redirected to "Skydive Philadelphia" ...oh yeah, real close to Pitt, right?), and take a look at their "testimonials"....

"Hello everyone. I took my AFF here and I had a real good time. The instructors were friendly and helpful. These guys know what thie doing. THANKS!
- Eddie Bourdonnay"

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Eddie+Bourdonnay

I mean really? ...How many DZ's can this Eddie Bourdonnay have actually made his 1st jump actually from??? - I dunno. I lost count! :S

This is truly the kind of SH** that gives all of us a bad name!! Sure, advertise. Metatag to draw from multiple geographic locations too, all you like - but c'mon now Skyride, please ...this is RIDICULOUS!! >:([:/]

Ok, So, Why don't we all call all of these websites and book a first jump for Eddie?
My photos

My Videos

I plan on still jumping at East Troy when I go visit family because I really enjoy your DZ, I also plan on jumping in Beloit too.

Why? Why support them or their DZ in any way?

They lost the Skdive Az suit in a big way, and as this thread points out, they continue to use deceptive advertising to poach customers. Sure, maybe in this case their local WI DZ will serve the WI customers they grab off the web, but what about all the locations where they advertise have no DZ available? I'm not just talking about a Skyride owned DZ, but not even a DZ that will accept their certificates?

What do you think happens to a potential customer who buys a tandem from them, only to discover they need to drive 5 hours to make the jump, and then can't get a refund from them? Do you think that 'customer' goes back to looking for a place to jump, or do they write skydiving off as a scam, and forget the whole idea?

That's a customer the local DZ could have served, and sent them home happy with their experience, but Skyride fucked them over and took them out of the skydiving 'economy'.

I agree with you that if anyone opens a DZ in your neighborhood, it's open season on the local population as far as who get's what business. However, considering that we know they're crooks, and giving the sport a really bad name for no other reasons then to line their pockets, why would you as a fun jumper choose to patronize their DZ?

If every DZ would stop taking their certificates, it would stop in about a year

I wonder how far out Skyride has all of their 'partners' strung out on tandem payments?

I can't imagine they're spot on with their payments, so another aspect of dropping them is how much money they owe the DZ at the time, money I can't see them being able to collect after they stop accepting their business.

I know that the DZs take a hit after Skyride takes their cut, so they're already down on profits, but to have to turn around and out-of-pocket the expenses for X number of tandems they're going to have to write-off might be playing a factor in their continuing to do business with them.

I wonder if Mike Mullins is aware of these sites?

http://www.nashvilleskydiving.com/skydiving/TN/37388/Tullahoma-skydiving.html
http://www.skydive-huntsville.com/skydiving-near/Tullahoma-TN-37388.htm
http://www.skydive-center.net/skydiving/tennessee/tullahoma-skydiving/tullahoma-skydiving.html

And especially this one because it clearly states that the jumps are IN Tullahoma, not near Tullahoma.
http://www.skydivenashville.com/skydiving-locations/tullahoma-tennessee/skydive-tullahoma.php

And they don't discriminate! They even have sites for Whiteville, Tn!
http://www.skydivenashville.com/skydiving-locations/whiteville-tennessee/skydive-whiteville.php
http://www.skydive-center.net/skydiving/tennessee/whiteville-skydiving/whiteville-skydiving.html
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org