crotalus01

World FreeFall Convention

Looks like there is a push to bring the WFFC back. I am guessing they are shooting for next year. Currently taking preregistration, if 1000 skydivers preregister for $100 each they say it will happen. Anyone interested can check this Facebook link for more info: http://www.facebook.com/groups/53655100937/

Hope this isnt a repost...

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

Not at the moment. From what I was told they are trying to see how much interest there is from the community - Beth Mahlo posted there that if 500 skydivers post they are interested it will move forward, but they are going to need 1000 registered to make it happen...

Wait, did I understand correctly? Potential organizers want to host a major international skydiving event, bring in maybe 1000-2000 attendees, vendors and airplanes worth multi-million $, but don't have a venue or date? But they want $100,000 committed from interested attendees before they go forward?

I think I'm going to pass...

My understanding of it is that they are trying to get 500 to 1000 skydivers to show interest.
I am not involved in this in any way, Beth Mahlo is the one trying to get this organized, she was the WFFC Public Relations person. At this point I am thinking they are trying to see if there is enough interest to try and start getting those kind of details together. I am sure you can go to the link I provided, join the Friends of WFFC group and get all the details from Beth herself.
At any rate, I never got to attend a WFFC so I personally would love to see it brought back. YMMV....

They are asking for comments on the page at this time, not actual money.

Not at the moment. From what I was told they are trying to see how much interest there is from the community

Most folks who can take part in a venture like this are 40+. Statistics of the German 231 formation in March prove this.
If most of 'em are old farts, it's highly likely a good number of them is NOT on Facebook for several reasons(*).
Hence chances to collect 1000+ potential participants this way are close to zero, I'm afraid.

(*) Don't like their habit of collecting as much information about you as possible. Feel sick about Facebookers hitting "Like" buttons for pics of gory accidents. Had it about security issues. etc pp
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

I'm in.. but dates/location and venue will factor in

I had a good time at WFFC in the past, but I'm not in at the very beginning for cash w/o more details.

maybe join or sign up based upon interest, if that proves fruitful, then maybe secure a slot financially as long as it was refundable if the event doesn't happen.
DS#727, DB Cooper #41, POPS #11065, SCR #13183, FA #2125, SCS #8306, HALO #309 SRA #5930

Dont ask me, ask Beth. I have nothing to do with it (other than really wanting to go - I had my chance 3 times and didnt have the money and then it was gone :S)...

Ahhh so you're him
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?