JPGonring

New to jumping, some questions

Hello everyone, I have wanted to base jump my whole life and recently went skydiving for my first time and it turns out, I was right I have to do this. I wanted to know, in general, how long does it take for someone to obtain their class A license for base jumping/wingsuits? I am graduating college soon so assuming that I find a job I will immediately begin working towards it as I will finally have money! Just wondering how long it has taken other people to get theirs? Let me know along with any other details you may find relevant (jump frequency etc). It will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Both BASE and wingsuiting have recommendations to have at least 200 jumps prior to starting either. That is usually a good starting point for a goal to reach to get your skills ready for both of these.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

how long does it take for someone to obtain their class A license for BASE jumping/wingsuits?

An A license applies to skydiving only, and requires 25 jumps and competetion of an approved training course. You can get an A license in as little as week if you spend every day training and jumping, but that's not the norm. Most people work their way through the training over the course of several weekends, and will take a month or so to get the licesne.

If you want to wingsuit out of a plane, you need a min of 200 jumps and to take a training course.

There is no license for BASE or wingsuit BASE. It's not a bad idea to become s skydiver first to develop some skills flying a parachute before starting BASE, but it's not required. It's also a good idea to spend some years BASE jumping making several hundred BASE jumps before do one in a wingsuit, but again, it's not required.

9 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, and 4 days

Even longer if ya pack for yourself.

Damn! I'm still workin' on it.
[:/]
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I wanted to know, in general, how long does it take for someone to obtain their class A license for base jumping/wingsuits?

Don't Base Jump.... it's a trick!!
As for wingsuits... Boaring!! Besides, naked is where it's at. B|
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

i started for my A in january of this year and got it on 4/20 of this year, of all the days:P i pack for myself to and have jumped 20 of my pack jobs already(really gotta keep working on it though have had some hung sliders and minor line twists but still) but it all depends how much u can afford and how much time ur willing to dedicate... all that factors in cuz it unfortunately isnt cheap so for most it tends to be a slower process from what i have heard from askin around the DZ which sucks cuz its def something that most wanna keep doin over and over and over and over and over and over and over again...anyways welcome to the sport hope u find it as amazing as i have BLUE SKIES!!!

lol i think the beginners forum over at BJ is going to break with all the new threads! :S OP, just chill and go skydive and have fun. stop looking for BASE. focus on expanding your knowledge of parachutes, rigging, sharpen your skills with packing, gear checks, parachute flight etc. in all seriousness skydiving can kill you fast, BASE can kill you faster and neither will look back on you with any remorse.

"its just a normal day at the dropzone until its not"

i started for my A in january of this year and got it on 4/20 of this year, of all the days:P i pack for myself to and have jumped 20 of my pack jobs already(really gotta keep working on it though have had some hung sliders and minor line twists but still) but it all depends how much u can afford and how much time ur willing to dedicate... all that factors in cuz it unfortunately isnt cheap so for most it tends to be a slower process from what i have heard from askin around the DZ which sucks cuz its def something that most wanna keep doin over and over and over and over and over and over and over again...anyways welcome to the sport hope u find it as amazing as i have BLUE SKIES!!!

You can get your A license even quicker if you don't bother with that pesky punctuation.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."