Avikus

Kingair Back Flip Exit

Hey Y'all! Season started strong to my drop zone, already about 20 jump in 3 weeks, can't ask for more!

Now I was thinking of different exit to do from the Kingair and one keep coming back, a backflip off the kingair.

My question is simple, how does one do a backflip out of that little door? do I put my back to the door, chest to knees and just fall backward?

Thanks and blue skies!
Avikus - Packer and Jumper - Hate landing with the plane!

sure -

just avoid any type of vigorous jumping upwards with that plane

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Hey Y'all! Season started strong to my drop zone, already about 20 jump in 3 weeks, can't ask for more!

Now I was thinking of different exit to do from the Kingair and one keep coming back, a backflip off the kingair.

My question is simple, how does one do a backflip out of that little door? do I put my back to the door, chest to knees and just fall backward?

Thanks and blue skies!

Face in
Squat
Fall out, keep tucking, grab shins

Alternatively - Crouch or sit in the door, facing the tail. Step straight out sideways (like people have said, don't jump, the tail is a harsh mistress), and extend your legs but keep your arms by your sides. Arch.

The air will catch your legs, flipping you gracefully over as you look back up at the plane, and you'll end up on your belly.

Easy as cake, and looks very cool from the plane :)
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?