BMichaeli

Log Book App

I just got a smart phone and found a log book app that has everything a log book has. i was wondering if it accepted at dropzones and by the USPA?
if not would you accept it?

I wouldn't expect anyone to accept it, as there is no way to actually verify the jumps, atleast a current paper book, you have to get some one to sign off on the jump (which, I know, is as easy as a beer and a 'hey, can you sign this', but still)

I think it would be akin to trying to use my Neptune as a verification of jump numbers for a license... nobody knows who's hand that altimeter was on, when it was on that jump.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I have the skydive logbook app for android, and it does have a place for a signature and license number attached to each jump. It also has a countdown feature for repacks and replacing/ maintenance on AADs. I would hope it's accepted considering how detailed you can be for each jump!

What if you lose your phone? Is the info stored elsewhere and retrievable? (And what if you downgrade to a dumb phone?)

(Yeah, I know you can lose a log book, but you don't carry that around in your pocket all the time.)

John Already answered the lost phone question.
But if you are a regular jumper at most dz.'s if you lost your log book they SHOULD be able to print up a record for you

I personally have quadruple redundancy in logbooks. I should be good to go. I use the app when I go do a demo and don't have time to log my book. when I get to my book I add the demos and continue as normal.
My photos

My Videos

I dont know why im having trouble getting this app, but ive been trying for a while. If i go to android market it says theres no such app. I i go to the above web page and scan the QR code it tells me that the requested item could not be found.

I dont know why im having trouble getting this app, but ive been trying for a while. If i go to android market it says theres no such app. I i go to the above web page and scan the QR code it tells me that the requested item could not be found.

works for me.

try this link to the official page:

http://sites.google.com/site/skydivinglogbook/
DS#727, DB Cooper #41, POPS #11065, SCR #13183, FA #2125, SCS #8306, HALO #309 SRA #5930

I love this app! I downloaded it for my android phone and it works great! I took the time to log all my passed jumps in it also so I could have the total freefall time and everywhere I have jumped. My phone breaks, I get a new one and have a horrible time trying to get it to import my old log into it. I sent Tom an email and he basically did all the work for me.....So here's the problem....I received an ipad3 for Mother's Day and downloaded the app to it! I can not get it to import anything. I think the only way for me to import is through dropbox.....I have tried it a number of times. I contacted Tom again and he has tried his best to help me. At first I tried to import it in the wrong format.

So I start all over and when I click on the page to convert files so they can be downloaded onto my ipad3 it does not give me that option. I can not click on a "choose option" button. When I try to import it from the dropbox it says it is complete and I am suppose to hit the OK button...I did just to find out nothing was actually imported....

Is anyone else having this problem?

Shouldn't iCloud make all of this unnecessary? The way I understand this is that once you have data on one device it automatically downloads to all others. Is this not happening and have you contacted Apple about it?

OK - I re-read your post. Youre going from Android to iPad and that's a little different. But I would think that Apple should be able to handle the relatively simple maneuver.
The brave may not live forever, but the timid never live at all.