Tuukka

Hitting an airbump in freefall?

Don't listen to these twats. Hitting an airbump at terminal doesn't make you fall faster; it bounces you back up. Now, if you're wearing an open-face helmet (or none at all), you won't hear anything. But if the wind noise is muffled with a full-face helmet, you can hear the boing! when you bounce back up.

Back in the 70's I hit a beer can pull tab once at 3500' while still at terminal, it cut my cheek under the eye and stuck in my goggles...that count? :):S

That puts a whole different spin on "pull silver" :P Yikes! and Youch!
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

On windy days the upper wind velocity can reach a large percentage of your freefall velocity (or over), thermal activity or just turbulence vectoring that wind closer to vertical "could" be able to disturb the air we fall through. If a micro burst can bring down a jumbo jet, there seems to reason on occasion funky winds could disturb the air mass we fall through enough to feel. IMHO.

Thanks for the reply. I think that "could be possible" is the answer I was looking for.
I remember that good lesson of tampering with airflow
was in Airkix when the coach slid his hand under me while I was flying.Instantly tipped downwards and to the side.

Nice to hear some people consider this a possibility even though I've had good laughs while reading the "less scientific" theories too. ;)

I'm so going to print that on a t-shirt. Cool

The full text goes...."Gravity is a myth....the earth sucks".

That T shirt goes back many years....

I remember something like that written on an apple in an old Elliot Gould movie.