vincemoore88

Vintage jump suits

Where can I find any old school jumpsuits? Any help would be awesome.
Thanks

I think Sears might still sell the Farmer John's. The French ParaBoots? Can't help you there.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

Really depends on what you want.

I really don't know the jumpsuit market in detail but anyway:

A hugely baggy freefly suit made out of cotton, with alternating colour patches (Joker design)? An actual 70s balloon suit with ram air vents? Those aren't that practical to fly with others, although if you go hunting, you may find one in the closet of a long time DZ or jumper.

A simple RW suit with no booties and small grips? You may be able to get a suit without booties, while unobtrusively small grippers tend to be available only on freefly suits as an option. That niche of a simple bit-of-everything suit is covered more by the simpler non skin tight freefly suits these days.

Want a double zipper suit of all one colour and material, that's a step up from coveralls and looks neater for a hop and pop at a demo? That's still available in ParaGear.

Or are you just looking for a visual design like the old days, such as accents of angled wedges splayed outwards? (See pic of an early 80s RW suit I picked up free and sometimes use for camera work. With swoop cords added it effectively has camera wings.)

Custom designs are always available at a cost on suits, so one should be able to achieve that look on some new suits, although fancy accents that tend to be seen more on freefly suit than RW suits - which usually stick with different coloured panels (For example, I don't ever recall seeing an RW suit with a flame design...)

I have a couple vintage style suits if you are still interested. Pix are attached.
I would say each one would fit a male approx 5'8 - 5'10" range.
Would love to sell them for a very reasonable price if you are interested in them.

I also have an older style vintage leather vector rig I would be willing to sell too to complete your vintage look. It has a PD-170 in it and I believe a Raven Reserve.

It is believed to have belonged to Deanna Kent at one time although I do not have any proof of that.

Looking to buy. I like the vintage look
Do have any pic and dimensions
Thanks

define vintage...
Twardo vintage ?
DaKineRags vintage ?
Camo is the new black is the new purple vintage ?
this is so last year vintage ?
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I did my 100th jump in vintage style, in my moms old suit, my (now ex) boyfriend went along in one of my dads old suits, it was awesome! My dad still has quite some of those old suits, he might be willing to sell one if you really want one of them.

I love the colorful suits aswell, I think my bellysuit is older than I am! (I'm the one on the right) :D My rig is only one year younger than I am, and also pretty colorful, love it :D. (please ignore the wingsuit-rodeo-backfly-gotsandwichedbytwowingsuiters-exit-fail)
"So I jump out, look up, and think 'Oh SHIT!...

It's PINK!!!'"
- army guy after his first staticline jump

There's a freelancing TI here who sports vintage jumpsuits. I once met him at my DZ and he had one of them vintage (Carl Boehnisch - SKYDIVE! / Masters of the Sky) 80s jumpsuits... a brand-new one! I asked if he had happened to stumble into a forgotten storage or something but he said that my DZO's jumpsuit business (Aero Suits) made them for him. You might try to ask them for a brand new vintage jumpsuit so it will last 10+ years of constant jumping ;) Drop them an e-mail at info[at]skydive.de (their "mother" website address)

The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

Oh my God you're young. I feel so old :o
:D

Wendy P.

Hihi thanks! I'm 19 years old, but I grew up in the sport. It's fun to see pictures of my mom from before I was born, I look so much like her!
"So I jump out, look up, and think 'Oh SHIT!...

It's PINK!!!'"
- army guy after his first staticline jump

It must have been a suave and debonair jumper that wore those jumpsuits.

That's for sure. But seeing photos now of big RW suits, with underarm fabric hanging down to the knees, makes me wonder.

I was on a vintage suit jump a few years ago. As I approached a 5-way, it cracked me up when I realized that from about 10 feet out, I was hearing the jumpsuits flapping in freefall.

Kevin K.