daytripper419

Royalty free music?

So i am being lazy and hoping someone may point me in the right diection. We are looking for some royalty free music and i cant seem to find anything that is decent. It is all elevator music at best. Granted i havent searched for hours but thought i could save myself some time and see if anyone has some good leads. Thanks in advance !

Look at Newsgrounds.

There are a LOT of music makers on there who will allow you to use their music on a non commercial basis if you give them overt credit for it.

Shadow69 nothing is currently one of my faves. (Its contempory classic piano)

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/380693

I'm not sure of the status then.

As on NG there are often songs which end up in flash games. Where the demo is free. But you have to pay $5 to get the full version.

Drunken Masters is an example it has the song Momentum from Masai/central digit.

http://centraldigit.com/centraldigit/Central_Digit/centraldigit.html

I reckon you'll probably have to ask the author themselves. Maybe agree to 30 cents per use or something. Considering they get pretty much nothing from NG usage other than exposure. And its a hell of a lot more than they'd get through an Amazon MP3 download.

Or go learn to play an instrument and learn to play it yourself.

Alternatively just steal it! 100% of the tandem videos I've seen has music they dont have permission to use. Obscure Asian songs are incredibly useful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R15aT2czCTg

Can't really help you with finding anything - except to suggest that you scout around for an unsigned local band or artist who would welcome the publicity, and agree with them that you will use their music for free in return for a credit on the video. OK, it's not going to give them huge exposure - but every little helps.

I did want to say, good on you for even considering this. Most operations I've come across just use whatever commercial music they like. In theory they might owe a lot of money to artists and labels!

two words
mash ups

four words
not for commercial use

for shiz my hiz?
Ah crap! But wait....why? Isn't a mashup in theroy a new song?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!