skeatesy

wingsuits need to full flare and loop to land proficiently

wingsuits still more work to do a full stop flare like a hanglider and proof will be if you can loop a wing suit but what gary did here is as much authority as the moon landing and wont be forgotten but i wont watch the next gye who does it unless there is a better lift/drag ratio like winglets and stuff still to go for a proper flare ..skeatesy1....perhaps a cannard helmet ...B|
i am revelations 12 wo to man for sin against woman

do you mean that a 747 needs to be able to do a full stop flare to land proficiently ?
or even a Cessna 182 ?

it would do if it didnt have wheels under it.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

You will just need better accuracy. That way you can use those air inflated pillows like stuntmen use when jumping off buildings. It could be used over and over again.

Edit: I think I just created a new discipline - wingsuit accuracy. Although missing the tuffet would be a real bummer.

You might as well invent a fold up hang glider like the Swiss Jet Man did.

that wing is not going to be landed anytime soon....

Just need wheels.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Just need wheels.

For years, I thought that what wingsuits really need is hardpoints on the belly so you could attach a street luge. ;)

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

Just need wheels.

For years, I thought that what wingsuits really need is hardpoints on the belly so you could attach a street luge. ;)

-Blind

Lurch already has figured out how to attach these hardpoints. :D Street luge done, complete with chainsaw motors.

Looks like the bath salts have made it to Australia. :D

im so out of the loop, i dont get that reference to "bath salts", i've seen it in a few places referring to different things
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Just need wheels.
I'll let you tell him :)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

yes aerodynamicaly you have to be proficient or you wont do a full flair it will only be a crash dive and yes the original boeing 707 did a full barrel roll and its documented and yes i have what it takes to die in this sport im just not going to do it but my name is on the moyes csx world championship hangliders and i have been in the sport since a child in the 1950's and my engineering experience with the new 130 nose rule controls all sport .. and now im sujesting a pointed noes plate from the arms up over the head to a point to gain better l/d and loop potential and full stop flair ability ..B| ... also i have done massive work on parragliders for moyes factory to evaluate their viability to produce them ..

seen other impressive videos of aerobatics with airliners, but still, they cannot land a full flare...

The Antonov-2 can land a full-stall, does that make it THE only proficiently landing airplane ?
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

it can ..thats where your unfortuately misstaken ..:$ .. any way have a winfeild ... i watched every luffing occilation of gary's suit as he landed because it acts similer to hangliders luffing occilations and we cant go over 130 degrees nose angle or we crash because the incomeing occilations cancel out the forward pushing luffing occilations to keep the sail aerodynamic and if you go over 130 degrees the occilations arrive behind the c/g and we go divergent and gary's suit was doing this so he had to continualy be adjusting his lift centroid sweet spot position by small movements of his hands which on a hanglider we do by our full weight ..these luffing occilations start at the wing tips or hands and move at the speed of sound forward faster than the aircrafts movement forward to arrive ahead or hehind the c/g and if they arrive ahead your fine if behind your dead ..your incidence is totaly ineffective if you violate it ..:o .. you now clean ..smack ..and im out of here ..skeatesy1

I will say that a flare that achieves zero rate of descent is different from a full stop in mid air. We do the first one every time we surf our canopies across the ground. The more efficient your aircraft is at converting speed into lift, in other words the better your lift to drag ratio, the better you can achieve and longer you can maintain that zero rate of descent.

With that said, it's going to take some amazing aerodynamic work to achieve that with a wing suit. However, I'm open to seeing what people come up with.

i like this site every one is willing to give till its hurting ..stacy jacks style ... i recon multiple wingsuits or wings double suits or double wings and suits or triple wings may allow slow enough speed to land ..:S ..what ever it takes we will land because we just will ..

See, now you're just getting into the fold-up hang glider type of thing, a whole different animal than a wing suit. But keep working it.

BTW, any aerodynamicist will tell you that the pressure interference between biplane, triplane or higher wings makes them very inefficient. One study on the legendary Fokker Triplane of WWI (the quintessential Red Baron plane) concluded that the middle wing was so beset by pressure interference that the plane would have flown better without it. :S;)

Just need wheels.

-Blind

Lurch already has figured out how to attach these hardpoints. :D Street luge done, complete with chainsaw motors.

Just need a shock absorber. And a amooth hill with a 2.1+ angle!